Author Topic: A rational Republican?  (Read 56955 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: A rational Republican?
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
How could all the multifaceted parts of an eye all have developed fully, at one time, all in proper place, and all in proper working condition all at once?  Or, what other function could they possibly been productive at while millions of years of development were supposedly taking place.?  You faith/belief system is awesome.

Your obvious misunderstanding of evolution and willful ignorance of the way in which it works is painful to follow in these discussions.  Sometimes I think that you're a clever Poe. 
The eye didn't just pop into existence.
Naw.  You just can't tolerate the fact that I really do understand how "Once upon a time....................and it all happened all by itself"  What you don't realize is that I remember that all stories that begin with "Once upon a time" are fairy tales.  The, by natural means, is totally unaccounted for.  Natural means will not get it done, not even close, actually zero positive movement whatsoever.  Only option left - divine intervention.   :D

And so the crazy texas coach once again makes a complete ass of himself, by saying that those who believe in actual real world evidence and facts believe in some fairy tale, when he believes in the biggest "Once upon a time" story and fairy tale of all.  It begins with, Once upon a time there was a benevolent father in the sky and he made everything that we do not understand.  Those kinds of explanations worked for most of us when we were under 10 years old but most of us grew up, became courageous and inquisitive and actual learned the truth.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
How could all the multifaceted parts of an eye all have developed fully, at one time, all in proper place, and all in proper working condition all at once?  Or, what other function could they possibly been productive at while millions of years of development were supposedly taking place.?  You faith/belief system is awesome.

Your obvious misunderstanding of evolution and willful ignorance of the way in which it works is painful to follow in these discussions.  Sometimes I think that you're a clever Poe. 
Naw.  You just can't tolerate the fact that I really do understand how "Once upon a time....................and it all happened all by itself"  What you don't realize is that I remember that all stories that begin with "Once upon a time" are fairy tales.  The, by natural means, is totally unaccounted for.  Natural means will not get it done, not even close, actually zero positive movement whatsoever.  Only option left - divine intervention.   :D

This is what gets me about this argument.  Some feel that the process was totally natural, occurring on its own and whallah!!!  we are here.  Others believe that God did everything and whallah!!!!  we are here.  The one side vehemently denies that God or any other higher order being could have been involved in any way, and the other side denies possible natural processes.   And everyone seems to deny what makes the most sense to me:  God or some higher order being with understanding of all the natural laws, used those laws to make the universe.  To me, this makes the most sense.  I don't buy the spontaneous thought, not at all.  So, the middle ground makes good sense to me.

mspart

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

This is what gets me about this argument.  Some feel that the process was totally natural, occurring on its own and whallah!!!  we are here.  Others believe that God did everything and whallah!!!!  we are here.  The one side vehemently denies that God or any other higher order being could have been involved in any way, and the other side denies possible natural processes.   And everyone seems to deny what makes the most sense to me:  God or some higher order being with understanding of all the natural laws, used those laws to make the universe.  To me, this makes the most sense.  I don't buy the spontaneous thought, not at all.  So, the middle ground makes good sense to me.

mspart

Again, you totally misrepresent something.  The fact is at least half the people who believe in evolution believe in God and that It had some involvement in the process of evolution.  So they, and the other almost half of believers in evolution are on the same side.  Some believe there was a God involved in the process, others do not, and they are on the same team over all.  I of course believe that the Universe and the Natural Laws that It operates by are actually that God, but even for those that don't they need to understand that that God they believe in can no more violate those Laws then I can.  Those who are on the other side are the ones who are nuts, they think those Laws can be violated which is patently false it is a fantasy world they live in.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY