Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4320511 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85545 on: August 10, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »
Pretty cool sighting.  Nothin' but clouds over here.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85546 on: August 10, 2020, 08:28:57 PM »
You spend a lot per sighting here in Seattle.  Cloudy skies 350 days of the year word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85547 on: August 11, 2020, 06:56:31 AM »
Venus is usually one of the brightest over here.  Easy to locate and appears before most stars

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85548 on: August 11, 2020, 07:02:50 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nasty storms yesterday. Winds up to 96mph took out a lot of trees and power lines. 2 towns we are working in still out of power this morning.

Have a great day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85549 on: August 11, 2020, 07:31:23 AM »
We still have sections of the state without power, +7 days and counting.

Son's place got repowered yesterday after they had to replace 3 poles in a row that split in 2.  The poles shut down a road that led into a development, the only road in and out.  The utility didn't clear the debris for 5 days.  Everyone inside was trapped and couldn't leave for food or gennie  fuel. 

Someone created a website where those stuck inside would place and pay for orders online and someone outside would pick up meet and with the delivery having to walk around the downed lines with the goods.  Instacart wouldn't deliver except directly to the house, but they were unreachable.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85550 on: August 11, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »
No power outages here, but the Seattle Police Chief is outta there word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85551 on: August 11, 2020, 03:24:09 PM »
No power outages here, but the Seattle Police Chief is outta there word

mspart

....and half of the department. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85552 on: August 11, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »
They did cut the budget but not by half.  I think they cut 5 million out of a 500 million budget, dropping the chief's pay in addition.  So 1% rather than 50%, but they will come back next year to finish the job.  I hope there is a recall movement and the people of Seattle get smart.  Right now they are so dumb word.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85553 on: August 11, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
Its a far cry from the $1 billion DiBlasio slashed from NYPD.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85554 on: August 11, 2020, 05:28:57 PM »
From the Seattle Times:

Council members voted Monday to reduce Seattle’s force of about 1,400 cops by up to 100. Durkan has said out of order layoffs would require union bargaining. “I just wasn’t willing to go down that road,” Best said Tuesday.

Council members also voted to reduce command staff pay for the rest of the year, dropping Best’s wages from about $24,000 to about $23,000 per month and cutting the wages of others by larger amounts, percentage-wise.

Word

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85555 on: August 12, 2020, 06:52:39 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We packed up and moved out to clear the way for cleanup efforts. They said some could still be several days without power. Youngest son was working in Cedar Rapids. He called and said that he was almost out of gas and no power there so no gas stations. Still have power where I am. Gas cans were sold out everywhere so had to make due with a 5 gallon bucket. Fueled him up so he could go home. I have to meet a client in an area that wasn't hit as bad then head home for a couple extra vacation days. I'll take it.

Have a wonderful day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85556 on: August 12, 2020, 07:41:16 AM »
Ah yes, the no power - no gas - no gennie running today.  Been there. All is great with a portable gennie....when there is a gas station with power and gas in the tanks to draw from.  Fortunately this one had sporadic outages but there were stations open.  Sandy, egads, the suppliers on the ports were flooded and had no power.  The few that were open sold out fast and couldn't get resupplied. Fortunately they started hauling fuel in from upstate NY, PA and Ohio, but they went back to 1970's rationing, capped at a $20 bill since CC machines weren't working.  2nd day of outage, I went to my office which had an ATM in the cafeteria and was up on an NG gennie and was able to withdraw $500 in crisp $20's.  Good thing too because cash was king even at the supermarkets that opened for dry goods and cash sales only.  Ate plenty of pasta and soup over 2 weeks.  While I was tempted, I left the Spam on the shelf.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85557 on: August 12, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
Spam and eggs word

mspart

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85558 on: August 13, 2020, 07:23:47 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home for a couple extra days off. Minimal damage here. Saw a lot of damage while driving yesterday. Thousands upon thousands of acres of flat corn, trees and power poles down, roofs gone, bins and Quonset buildings flattened or gone. Like a tornado but widespread.

Stay safe and have a great day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85559 on: August 13, 2020, 08:05:20 AM »
We have these things called hills over here that redirect some of the wind upward.  But if the wind comes in the right direction, it will devour anything in those valleys.