Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4242052 times)

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
Re: Last Word
« Reply #84450 on: September 07, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »
Off to photograph a high school football game today.  The local schools play in a 6 man league this year.  I've never seen 6 man football before, it should be interesting.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #84451 on: September 08, 2019, 06:27:08 AM »
Smaller field ?

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84452 on: September 08, 2019, 07:55:26 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning RYou and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smaller schools here play 8 man on an eighty yard field.

Have a great day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84453 on: September 08, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »
In Oregon we have 8 man as well, it is still a 100 yards wide but narrower, a 6 man field is 15 yards narrower than an 8 man field. 
Everyone is eligible.
The Quarterback must hand off the ball or pass it before he crosses the line.
15 yards to a first down.
A "2 pt conversion" is worth 1 point.
An "extra point" is worth 3 points.

We scored 72 points and had our 2nd string in for most of the 2nd half.

Online n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84454 on: September 08, 2019, 11:43:46 AM »
Snackem, were your guys the favorites? Your opponents may not have felt as bad as Kansas did after getting knocked off at home yesterday by Coastal Carolina.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84455 on: September 08, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
Most likely.  We were fairly good in the past playing 8 man.  We had a fairly cancerous class come through that wanted to win a state title or not compete at all.  They realized that we couldn't beat our rival (though we could have been a state semifinalist team) so none of them came out for football just wanting to focus on basketball (we were the 2x defending state champs).  Halfway through last season we had to cancel the remainder of the season because we couldn't field a team.  This year we have a lot more kids out and we would probably be competitive in 8 man.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84456 on: September 09, 2019, 06:31:13 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bed felt so good. Want to climb back in but don't want to miss Monday.

Have an incredible day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84457 on: September 09, 2019, 06:32:07 AM »
Football coach killed our wrestling team.  He held it against any kid that didn't spend the winter in the weight room. He also killed the youth wrestling program pumping the 7th and 8th grade pop warner kids to get in the weight room..  We had a hard time filling the roster 160 and up.  The bozo let them run track and do field events or play baseball though.  It took a UPS truck to get him out.  He was struck by a truck backing out of a driveway.  The new head coach encouraged wresting but by then the damage was done and brought the youth league numbers back to a respectable number..

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84458 on: September 10, 2019, 01:08:08 AM »
Long day Monday, ended it with my son's football practice (3rd/4th grade flag football) and then the school board meeting.  Time for a beer and some old wrestling matches.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84459 on: September 10, 2019, 05:54:24 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning Snackem and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steak and eggs sound good for breakfast this morning.

Have an amazing day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84460 on: September 10, 2019, 07:01:50 AM »
Rutty Tuesday, and I thought Monday's were the worst.  It's a long look up that Wednesday hump.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84461 on: September 10, 2019, 10:24:56 AM »
Rained nuts last night when I got home from work.  Really coming down.  Unusually hard rain for these parts word

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84462 on: September 10, 2019, 02:25:00 PM »
Football coach killed our wrestling team.  He held it against any kid that didn't spend the winter in the weight room. He also killed the youth wrestling program pumping the 7th and 8th grade pop warner kids to get in the weight room..  We had a hard time filling the roster 160 and up.  The bozo let them run track and do field events or play baseball though.  It took a UPS truck to get him out.  He was struck by a truck backing out of a driveway.  The new head coach encouraged wresting but by then the damage was done and brought the youth league numbers back to a respectable number..

The only HS football coaches with IQs above room temperature are those that also coach wrestling.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84463 on: September 10, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
word

mspart

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84464 on: September 10, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
Our football coach (also the Principal/AD) is open to wrestling, the community hates the idea.  We're a basketball community and we don't want to hurt our basketball team.