Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 3588839 times)

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
Re: Last Word
« Reply #84540 on: September 28, 2019, 01:58:43 AM »
Spent the afternoon at the school, watched my daughter and niece play 5th-8th grade volleyball games (A team, B team, and C team all had 3 games), followed by my nephew's junior high football game, then the neighboring school came and played a game on our field (their field is being redone).  Finished the night off with HS Volleyball, and finally HS football, unfortunately half of our team is missing 3 games because they got caught doing stupid things in the locker room.  Hard to do much with a 6-man team when you only have 7 dressed down.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84541 on: September 28, 2019, 05:35:19 AM »
Oh yes, the old "stupid things in the locker room" trick. I wasn't a jock in high school so I missed out on that. What got me in trouble was a big fruit jar full of potassium nitrate and sugar I had mixed up and was keepiing in my hall locker for some pyrotechnic experiments after school. I guess I was careless, because when I opened my locker the jar fell out and splintered on the floor just as the principal was walking by. I couldn't come up with a good story, and he finally walked away and sent the janitor to sweep all the stuff up and throw it away. What bothered me was I had spent a long time collecting that much potassium nitrate a little at a time from the chemistry lab, and I lost it all.

Will we get to hear about what got mspart and RYou in trouble?
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84542 on: September 28, 2019, 06:45:22 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning Snackem, n95 and everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Severe thunderstorm and tornado warning last night. Football game moved to Monday.

Never got in trouble. Also never lied.

Have a splendid day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #84543 on: September 28, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »
Senior year pre-season football practice....a small group of us got into the locker room early and coated the freshman jockstraps with wintergreen. (Wintergreen was the old heat balm for achy muscles). Soon after the warmup exercises they were jumping around like those Mexican beans.   The coaches knew what was up and sent them all into the showers. All in good fun back then.  Try it today and 20 parents, administrators and coaching would be all over us and we may well be off the team.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84544 on: September 29, 2019, 05:57:40 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! Never too late to seek counseling about your bullying tendencies.

Have an awesome day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84545 on: September 29, 2019, 03:29:38 PM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! Never too late to seek counseling about your bullying hazing tendencies.

Have an awesome day word!

I don't think hazing was even defined back then.  I prefer to call them antics.  While the frosh were in the shower one of us would slip over to their lockers and stretch out their underwear. Put it on it falls right off.

Back then the drinking age was 18 in NY but 21 in NJ.so we would entice underage juniors to join us for a trip across the river and even slipped them a fake ID to hold if they were checked.  One time we had 6 of them eating pizza and drinking beer. One by one we slipped out the door and left them there to find a ride home. We all had a good laugh at practice the next Monday. 

Parents were different too back then.  Not a single one ever complained to anyone, not even the dad that came to pick them up.

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84546 on: September 29, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »
No hazing involved with the locker room incident.  They were vaping THC after practice.  Been deer hunting all weekend long, not many deer around this year, had a nice blanked of snow this morning though.  I've never seen snow in September around here before.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #84547 on: September 30, 2019, 12:00:18 AM »
Violent thunderstorm came through Saturday evening. Lost TV briefly when power surge from a nearby lightning strike caused my cable box to reboot itself. A couple of tornados spotted, rare in this area. A lot of pounding rain, but luckily my new roof was completed on Friday.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84548 on: September 30, 2019, 06:35:59 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad your roof was finished in time. We got another 6+ inches of rain over the weekend. Lots of water, sump pump is working overtime. Forecast has more on the way the next 3 days.

Have a dry and outstanding day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84549 on: September 30, 2019, 08:50:37 AM »
Sept 30 - 1 day of partial rain all month

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84550 on: October 01, 2019, 06:29:03 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit 90 degrees yesterday. High of 69 and thunderstorms today.

Have a tremendous day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84551 on: October 01, 2019, 07:53:50 AM »
another nice day in store

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #84552 on: October 01, 2019, 09:56:38 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit 90 degrees yesterday. High of 69 and thunderstorms today.

Have a tremendous day word!

Got down to 21 this morning, supposed to warm back up a bit this week.  Guess it's time to blow out the sprinklers for the winter.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #84553 on: October 01, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
Good Idea, I'll get on that today word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile