Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 4332581 times)

Online acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #85530 on: August 06, 2020, 06:37:48 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that power on the poles. Then it isn't in the way when we are burying fiber.

Have a terrific day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #85531 on: August 06, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »
NJ gov has a standing order, if visiting from 34 states, must quarantine for 14 days. Power company won’t pull in out of state crews because of it.

Electric company gave us an Estimated restoration date - August 11.  Heading out to buy block ice to keep the freezer food cool, if I can find any. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85532 on: August 06, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »
Good luck with that.  Being retired you have lots of time to look for ice.   Rainy here today word.

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85533 on: August 06, 2020, 10:18:36 PM »
Power and cable popped on at exactly 9:00 PM

Online acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85534 on: August 07, 2020, 06:25:15 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are back in service. You are always welcome to come to the Midwest and hang out with AC in the AC. I'll make wings.

Have a fantastic day word!
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85535 on: August 07, 2020, 09:29:51 AM »
Always easier to work from a full size screen rather than a micro on a phone.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85536 on: August 07, 2020, 11:07:17 AM »
Word

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85537 on: August 07, 2020, 08:49:45 PM »
terse word

Online acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85538 on: August 08, 2020, 10:15:27 AM »
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLT's with garden tomatoes. Life is good.

Have a splendid day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85539 on: August 08, 2020, 01:05:05 PM »
Garden tomatoes off the vine with a dash of salt

Online acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85540 on: August 09, 2020, 09:58:53 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought a new pistol. Going out to kill some targets.

Have an incredible day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85541 on: August 09, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
Here in NJ it takes about a month to get all of the paperwork signed off and a state permit in addition to the FFL.
3 neighbors have to return a questionnaire attesting you are not nuts.
Chief of police has to interview you.
State application fee
State permit fee.
....then there is more if you want a concealed carry permit.

The blasted red tape cost me a chance for a late 30's WWII Luger with a matching magazine number. I couldn't get the state permit in time.

...unless you buy person to person.  I saw a nice browning side by side being offered on Gun Broker by a local.  I made an offer and the guy accepted.  I told him I lived 15 miles away and can bring cash or pay through the site and he pays the fees.  He opted for the cash on delivery.  I go pick it up.  He never asks to see my FFL.  Beautiful gun, said he was selling because his kid was starting college.  So I get home and Googled his name.  Turns out he was the police chief in that town.  He did watch me place it in the trunk of the car though.

NJ also doesn't follow the Gun Control Act of 1968 and requires the FFL on pre-1899 long guns and state permit for handguns.

Online acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85542 on: August 10, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy smokes that takes some effort. IA is a shall issue state on permit to acquire for long guns. Concealed carry here required attending a firearms safety class. CCW doubles as permit to acquire. Took seven days for permit to arrive after filing application. No FFL required. Piece of cake.

Have a great day word!

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85543 on: August 10, 2020, 08:22:51 AM »
Legit sales process is toughest in the country.

Purchase permit is only good for 30 days.  Usually takes 7 days for it to come in the mail after the interview with the chief so that leaves you 3 weeks to buy. The dealer has to do another federal background check. Pay, now you have a 7 day wait period to pick it up.  Then you have to register the address of the gun with the state within 7 days.  That timetable is entirely dependent on neighbors returning the acknowledgment and personal statement quickly, if it all. You have to keep checking back with the PD, but can have the questionnaire sent to others, until you get three to respond. 

Until recently, I could go to a PA gun show and buy over the counter, same day after a background check.  Not anymore. PA sellers won't sell over the counter to NJ anymore.  I have to have it shipped to someone with a federal dealer permit, and that cost another fee, and then the same process before they hand it over. Or, go with a PA resident that pays. 

We can't even go to VA anymore and buy over the counter at gun shows.  Because of the hassle, about the only ones selling these days are the private shooting ranges.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #85544 on: August 10, 2020, 11:00:23 AM »
Saw Jupiter, 4 of its moons, and Saturn last night with my telescope.  It was pretty awesome word.

mspart