Author Topic: TOM’s 2012 Clinch Gear Top Prospect Report: Lightweights  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
Re: TOM’s 2012 Clinch Gear Top Prospect Report: Lightweights
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 11:47:58 PM »
Good work, lots of NW guys on that list which is good to see.  There is a TON of lightweight studs this year in OR, WA and ID.  I think Delgado of Hermiston is at the top of that list, it'll be interesting to see how things turn out this year.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 01:06:02 AM »
the NW lightweight crop is as good as i can imagine.

there are guys not even listed that are quality kids.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Spladle710

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
I'm from new mexico and I understand why we don't get publicity because our overall talent pool and quality of wrestling is very weak compared to other states. But I can safely say Eric Montoya belongs on this list. People don't get to see him a lot but he's a freak. He hasn't cut a pound his whole high school career. He will grow into a special 125. Hes 5 10!!!! So as far as Nathan krassier creating problems with length Montoya is evn tougher. In Virginia I saw him beat topher carton who had at least 25 pounds on him. I'm looking forward to a dicamillo vs Montoya showdown at super 32. That would be a show for the fans

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
710....i spaced it on montoya. i don't know if i would have included him in the top 10 at a particular weight. but i should get him on the list.

i've seen him wrestle several times and i like him alot. ive had him ranked for a couple years now.

you're right. he is legit.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Drooke

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
Welcome to the board 710...I hope you stick around and continue to contribute....we need more folks from the southwest!

Offline Spladle710

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »
Thanks I understand you're point of view... I feel after a red shirt year he will be a beast at 125.. If I could give you a description of how he wrestles it would be like this... Above average on his feet if he gets in on a shot he finishe good sweep single and double and a wicked super duck. Extremely tough to take down. Riding is comparable to Cruz as they had an epic match at sophomore nationals. Rode each other out. Maybe not the best on bottom but is relentless in his attempts to get out and it always seems to eventually happen

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »
The Spladle posse adds another member.  Welcome!