Author Topic: Sex and Evolution  (Read 10514 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Sex and Evolution
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 11:32:16 AM »
Here is how a tom cat spreads his genes.  He smells a female in heat, he gets excited, he takes what he wants,
 and to speed up his action, he kills the kittens so that the female will go in heat again quicker.

What doesn't happen - the tom cat smells a female in heat, says "here is my opportunity to take advantage of spreading my genes
" by producing some off spring just like my old man taught me", gets the female to spread for him, and then returns later to give tender loving
 kindness to the kittens and to teach them sex education so that they know what the results of unprotected sex will bring and how to get a female pregnant.  The dominate male takes what he wants.

The crazy texas coach does not understand biology at all.  Every creature is driven by their genes to reproduce.  It is what makes the world work.  Even humans but we also have the ability to think and to follow social mores which forbid just taking what we want.  That would work against our survival and hence has been evolved out of most human males.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:43:42 PM by coachsparky »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline mako

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 01:44:58 PM »
Nevermind ctc, you refuse to even read what I am saying. 

StephanVonVesthell

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »

Get used to that.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
When your daughter gets raped just remember it is God's will, so quit crying about it.
Are you always this stupid?
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »

Get used to that.
WARNING:  pop shot artist extraordinaire.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2011, 02:04:19 PM »
We have a sex drive, not a reproduction drive.  No animal knows that by getting it on, he is putting a bun in the oven.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »

Get used to that.
WARNING:  pop shot artist extraordinaire.

Sometimes the truth hurts crazy texas coach, get used to it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
We have a sex drive, not a reproduction drive.  No animal knows that by getting it on, he is putting a bun in the oven.

They do not have to know it, it is an instinctual act driven by the desire of the gene's to reproduce.  An earth worm does not know it nor does a monkey, only humans have that bit of knowledge as a result of our evolved brain.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »
When your daughter gets raped just remember it is God's will, so quit crying about it.

I have to agree with ctc.  The idea that God wanted your daughter to be raped would be foolish if it had been meant to be taken seriously, as foolish as the idea that evolution would make rape acceptable.  I suspect both ideas were meant to be similarly provocative, for similar reasons.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Hardcore

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »

I have to agree with ctc.  The idea that God wanted your daughter to be raped would be foolish if it had been meant to be taken seriously, as foolish as the idea that evolution would make rape acceptable.  I suspect both ideas were meant to be similarly provocative, for similar reasons.
I appreciate you scolding Cruo for his foolishness.

Don't you think that some animal males breed the female without her consent?

Genes don't make conscience decisions, they only provide instinct.  If they provided conscience decisions; then, a rapists could argue "my genes made me do it".

Cruo

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
I'm saying that trying to argue that evolution makes rape okay is as stupid as using the "God's will" excuse for something.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »
I'm saying that trying to argue that evolution makes rape okay is as stupid as using the "God's will" excuse for something.

Perhaps next time you could just say it like that.  :) Be happy!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton