Author Topic: Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions  (Read 14000 times)

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:15:05 AM »
The difference will be BONUS...

125 Sanders WBD over Megaludis 0-3
Zach by 2 or 3 on paper but this is the most likely upset is here for me to pick if I was going to pick one.

133 Thorn WBD over Reber 0-6
Thorn might get bonus here the way Reber looked vs Bloom

141 Dardenes WBD over Sherlock 0-9
If Sherlock wrestles like he did in the 3rd period vs Bloom it could be a different outcome. We just don't know what to expect from him at this point. Sam getting a win here would be a big boost for PSU.

149 Molinaro WBM over Ness 4-9
Tank looked very tough vs Bloom. Little Ness is no slouch. It could be another 7 point win but I am going with the Bonus here.

157 Deitchler WBD over D Alton 4-12
Probably the biggest toss up match in the Dual. Alton didn't look good on the mat. If he can ride Jake he might get the win based upon RT. But I am sure that if he couldn't ride Hickman he isn't ridng Jake either. If Dylan keeps it on his feet, he also has a better chance. PSU fans should know that the oft-injured Deitchler was a 2008 GR Olympian at the age of 17 or 18. Could be some good body locks happening here. THis match could have a very Quentin-esque ending either way.

165 Taylor WBTF over Yonn 9-12
I am sure Minny fans will disagree but Cody lost 2xs last year to Sponseller, some DT beat by 14 last season. I know the flip to that will be that Yohn beat Polz 2xs someone that beat DT in FS 2 years ago but not the same thing.

174 ER WBM Young 13-12
I would say WBF but Ed had the cradle 4xs last week on Dessino & couldn't get the pin. I think he might be a little rusty this earlier in the season as he had surgery & was not working for most of the summer.

184 Wright WBM Steinhouse 17-12
I am sure all the Minny fans will doubt this. I think Q is ready to go this year. He will return the favor from last year's dual. Dominate.

197 Yonn WBD McIntosh 17-15
From what I have seen, I am sure if the young PSU super frosh is NOT ready to crack the top 5. I think he will not be able to ride Yohn like he did Perry. Perry also got in 3 good shots on MM. I am sure Yohn will finish his. An upset win here by MM would probably clinch the dual for PSU & bring the packed house of 6500 DOWN.

285 Wade WBD Nelson 20-15 PSU over Minnesota
In his first match back Cam was looking bigger but faster & improved on his feet. I would bet 99% of wrestling fans will agree that it will come down to 285 to decide the dual lie last year.

I could see at the end of the year a 3 way tie for the Dual championship in the B1G where out of PSU, Iowa & Minny they all take turns beating each other ending up all 7-1.

CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin

Offline fulsaasfan

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:42 AM »
I would be SHOCKED if Molinaro majored Ness. Ness is a tough match up for him and I expect a very good match! I also don't see Wright getting bonus on Steinhaus or Wade beating Nelson. I do think that 157 will be another toss up match that will have big implications on the final score.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:19:18 AM »
Did Sherlock even have to pick up trash at the football stadium for his off-season incidents? 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »
Alton over Deitchler.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »

Tank looked very tough vs Bloom. Little Ness is no slouch. It could be another 7 point win but I am going with the Bonus here.

Out of all that silliness this stands out the most!  Don't be too shocked when Dylan wins this.
Tax the churches.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »

Out of all that silliness this stands out the most!  Don't be too shocked when Dylan wins this.

I can't wait for this match so those of us who haven't seen him can have a good measure of Ness.  It seems ridiculous to expect this kid to beat Molinaro at this point, but I know you Gopher fans are super high on him.  I agree it is a bit much to say he'll get majored considering Molinaro's style, but it seems about the same to me to say Ness wins it.  I guess we'll see.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
I think the idea for some that Ness can win has to do with how Frank wrestles. On paper it is a bad match up. Ness is a rider and pinner. Last year Frank struggled with good top guys. Heck Zilverberg owned him from the top. Second is franks gas tank. I mean when Mario Mason can gas you that says something. Ness goes after it hard.

I predicted frank winning especially this time of the year, but I think it is far more likely that Ness wins then Moliaro Majors him.
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »
I see Frank winning but only by 1pt and in regulation. If it goes to OT, Ness will win it.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
not sure how i feel about ness. (certainly a ton of potential)

we'll all know more after this bout.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
I could also see ness roll across his own back trying to turn Frank and pinning himself. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 02:09:57 PM »
I could see that happening fuhr...he's a little crazy at times on top
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 02:11:36 PM »
I could also see ness roll across his own back trying to turn Frank and pinning himself.

Yes that could happen I agree
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »
I think you're confusing wrestling styles--this isn't freestyle.  The ref has to count to 3 and slap the canvas!
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:54 PM »

while not specifically what i meant, certainly in that ball park.

Ness 'goes for it'.

so, the potential is there for him to hit a big move, but also to get himself in trouble.

and i think Ness still needs work on leg defense. Kindig scored on him over and over again this summer (albeit in FS)

plus, tank is a 5th year 3x AA.

a lot like the Sanders bout, im conservative on Megaludis and Ness, and won't pretend to know how well they'll wrestle against two credentialed seniors.

it's gonna be fun, thats for sure.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
Can't wait for this one.
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*