Author Topic: Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions  (Read 13999 times)

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
Re: Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 03:44:33 AM »

149 Molinaro WBM over Ness 4-9
Tank looked very tough vs Bloom. Little Ness is no slouch. It could be another 7 point win but I am going with the Bonus here.

Out of all that silliness this stands out the most!  Don't be too shocked when Dylan wins this.
I defer to your expertise on silliness....
CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 03:48:16 AM »
I think the idea for some that Ness can win has to do with how Frank wrestles. On paper it is a bad match up. Ness is a rider and pinner. Last year Frank struggled with good top guys. Heck Zilverberg owned him from the top. Second is franks gas tank. I mean when Mario Mason can gas you that says something. Ness goes after it hard.

I predicted frank winning especially this time of the year, but I think it is far more likely that Ness wins then Moliaro Majors him.
Funny how some gopher memories are selective & ends after the PSU-Minn dual. Tank MAJORED Zilverberg at the B1gs 9-0 & never had "lung TOs" again. In the past 2 years He has been 2nd in # of Majors in the country at 149, with 11 each year.
CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 08:24:19 AM »
KR as I said in another post... Anyone who gets gassed against Mario Mason is suspect.
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline FlyingTiger

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 08:34:50 AM »
"Mario Mason gassed out Frank"  - complete fabrication.......

I have seen many of Molinaro matches over the years and he has developed a great gas tank. He has proved it over and over again. In the 1st match against Zberg, Minn fans want to forget that Molinaro started down, escaped and took mulitple shots while Zberg did NOTHING (i.e. stalled) right before the incident.......

And then in the match that never really happened, Frankie beats him to a pulp just a couple weeks later. Amazing how he was able to get in shape in just two weeks after not being able to do it all season.

Molinaro is better then Ness from neutral and is more likely to ride Ness then Ness is to ride Molinaro. Throw in a sold out rec hall and JRob's mouth and I don't see how Ness can win this.   

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 08:40:04 AM »
I watched the matches numerous times against Mason. I stand by my statement

I was 5 feet from the Z and Molinaro match and stand by that.

Where we agree is that when it counted Frank was awesome.

I picked Frank to win this. But I also stand by the fact that I would not be shocked to see an upset.

In these dual, not much would shock me. There are 4 things that would surprise me in this one.

1. Reber besting Thorn
2. Any Goofer beating Taylor
3. Ruth losing to what may be a forfiet
4. Minnesota Winning by more the 2 points.

If any of that happened I would be surprised.
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »
Molinaro is better then Ness from neutral and is more likely to ride Ness then Ness is to ride Molinaro.

Oh, you're right.  Sorry I forgot just how good Molinaro is in the down position.  I can't wait to hear Frank say "I choose down."
Tax the churches.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 08:57:09 AM »

Molinaro is better then Ness.   

then who?
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline FlyingTiger

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
jammen, are you seriously comparing Ness to a 2 x National Champ that had a 10 pound weight advantage??

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »
jammen, are you seriously comparing Ness to a 2 x National Champ that had a ??

I would have fully agreed with this until you said "10 pound weight advantage"....

They were in the same weight class and both had to make weight...
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »
Not true.   Dake was wrestling 159.  Former champs always get a ten pound weight advantage at nationals.  Don't you guys follow wrestling?
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline FlyingTiger

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 10:09:54 AM »
It's always amusing listening to a couple avid wrestling fans play dumb. So if I went up to the stage right before the match and weighed both guys, the scale would of indicated 149 for both because that's the weight class, right?? Come on guys, you're well aware of what I speak of. With so much time to recover from the weight-ins for finals, Dake was huge Saturday night. If you don't think that was a factor in Frankie not being able to get out, you are kidding yourselves.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:59:37 AM by FlyingTiger »

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »
Was "Frankie" not allowed by the NCAA to go to 141 so he could have this same advantage?

Pretty poor excuse for why your guy lost. 

BTW, just last Saturday Bobby Telford rode Blake Rasing for the whole second period but Rasing was only able to ride Telford for about three seconds.  Amazing because Rasing weighs about 400lbs and Telford once wrestled 103.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:19 AM »
It's always amusing listening to a couple avid wrestling fans play dumb. So if I went came up to the stage right before the match and weighed both guys, the scale would of indicated 149 for both because that's the weight class, right?? Come on guys, you're well aware of what I speak of. With so much time to recover from the weight-ins for finals, Dake was huge Saturday night. If you don't think that was a factor in Frankie not being able to get out, you are kidding yourselves.

I don't know if, in all of my years, I have seen a dumber excuse made by a wrestling fan.  Seriously not sure if you're serious or not. 

Back to my unanswered question, PSU fans or anyone in the know.  Did Sherlock's charges get dropped?  Did he sit out anything?  Did someone get a tattoo and a puppy so Cael had more important things to deal with than repeated alcohol violations?
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline FlyingTiger

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
fuhr, what's dumb is your conclusion that I was making an excuse for a loss. Maybe you should of spent some of those years trying to improve your reading comprehension.

Dake wrestled a fantastic tournament and was clearly the better wrestler. What I did do, however, was try to explain why you can't judge Molinaro's mat wrestling by that one match. i.e. why Ness will not ride Molinaro like Dake did. If you don't want to agree thats fine, but to not even consider what I'm saying as a possible factor is being obtuse.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:00:13 AM by FlyingTiger »

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
weight is a factor in every match wrestled.  What you did sir is make an excuse for why "frankie" couldn't get away.  Do i think Nexx can ride like Dake, nope.  Do I think Ness is dangerous from the top and "Frankie" has shown he can be ridden like a show pony on Sunday? Yes.

Sherlock, what's the story?