Author Topic: Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions  (Read 14001 times)

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State vs Minnesota (Nov 20th) Predictions
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »
Sherlock, what's the story?

Save your problems for another day so you can win right away. 

That seems to be the philosophy in State College.  Worked out well for Long, and the football team.

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
It's always amusing listening to a couple avid wrestling fans play dumb. So if I went came up to the stage right before the match and weighed both guys, the scale would of indicated 149 for both because that's the weight class, right?? Come on guys, you're well aware of what I speak of. With so much time to recover from the weight-ins for finals, Dake was huge Saturday night. If you don't think that was a factor in Frankie not being able to get out, you are kidding yourselves.

I don't know if, in all of my years, I have seen a dumber excuse made by a wrestling fan.  Seriously not sure if you're serious or not. 

+1
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »
if you think that gaining ten pounds after a weigh-in is some great advantage then you can't have ever wrestled!  there is no more miserable feeling than being fat and bloated and having to wrestle a big match.  it just sucks. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ac1998

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »
125: #18 Nico Megaludis (PSU) vs. #2 Zachary Sanders (UM)
  Nico is going to be a really good college wrestler, Sanders already is a really good College wrestler.  Sanders gets close to a major in this one. Minn 3, PSU 0

133: Derek Reber (PSU) vs.#7 David Thorn (UM)
    I had high hopes for Reber, but after last week he may be over his head in the Big Ten.  Thorn by MD.  Minn 7, PSU 0

141: Sam Sherlock (PSU) vs. #10 Nick Dardanes (UM)
   I think this is a true tossup.  Dardanes had a nice redshirt year but the high ranking seems generous, Sherlock was just as highly acclaimed in HS until he had the knee injury.  Ill take Sherlock in a squeeker.  Minn 7, PSU 3

149:#1 Frank Molinaro (PSU) vs. #5 Dylan Ness (UM)
    Ditto my comment about Nico for Ness.   Ness had a nice year last year, but not nearly as nice as Molinaro (Tank, please pick neutral).  Molinaro gets a comfortable win, but no major.  Minn 7, PSU 6

157: #11 Dylan Alton (PSU vs. #9 Jake Deitchler (UM)
    This is the match I'm most interested in.  Alton was pretty tough last year as a redshirt, Deitchler to me seems like a wild card.  He has the talent to be a multiple time naitonal champ, but he has been off the mats for awhile so who knows how he'll do.  I'll take Alton with a close match that gets the crowd fired up.  Minn 7, PSU 9

165: #1 David Tayor vs. #8 Cody Yohn (UM)
   Yohn is good, Taylor is really good.  Taylor picks up his usual bonus points here.  BUt Yohn holds it to a major and avoids the tech.  Minn 7, PSU 13

174: #2 Edward Ruth (PSU) vs. #9 Logan Storley (UM)
   Hopefully Ruth learned his lesson last year about getting nonchalant with a big lead and not going for the bonus points.  I say this year he gets it and picks up a MD no matter who he faces for Minny.  Minn 7, PSU 17

184: #1 Quentin Wright (PSU) vs. #6 Kevin Steinhaus (UM)
   A match of two guys who really know each other.  Wright seemed to get better vs. Steinhaus each time the wrested, but this one will be close.  I'll take Q in a match that will be similar to the BIg Ten final.  Minn 7, PSU 20

197: #10 Morgan McIntosh (PSU) vs. #2 Sonny Yohn (UM)
  Put McIntosh in the Ness/Nico club.  He's going to be really good, but I have concerns about him at 197.  He seems short for the weight and may have trouble getting his offense going against the top guys (he had trouble last week with the kid from Bloom)..  Yohn quiets the PSU crowd with a major.  MInn 11, PSU 20

285: #4 Cameron Wade (PSU) vs. #3 Anthony Nelson (UM)
  I hear Wade is bigger ths year, whcih to me means he'll be even slower and less nimble on his feet.  Nelson manages to take Wade down and smartly avoids wrestling on the mat to pick up the decision.  MInn 14, PSU 20.

I can see this ending in a tie agian.  Would noy shock me for the 157 match to go the other way and have it end 17-17, but I'll go with my pick of:

PSU 20, Minn 14

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
That is a bold prediction...basically saying it will be an ass whooping
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »
I wouldn't call 20-14 an ass whooping.  I think, however that it will be much closer.  Possibly going.g the other way.
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Offline Spoons

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »
I got it 19-14 Minnesota :)

125: Sanders over Nico by Dec. could easily be a major or worse for psu but I'll stick with a dec. at this time 3-0 Minni.
133: Thorn over Reber by M.Dec. could easily be more here also. 7-0 Minni
141: Dardanes over Sherlock(who should not be wrestling but that's just a opinion)  by Dec. 10-0 Minni
149: I REALLY expect big things from Ness but I think Molinaro wins a snoozefest by 1. 10-3 Minni
157: Really looking foward to this matchup due to wanting to see both and if they are for real so to speak. But I think Deitchler wins ove Alton in a CLOSE one. 13-3 Minni
165: Taylor by Tech over Yohn might be a fall here also but either way it won't be enough to win the dual. 13-8 Minni.
174: Ruth over Storely(if he wrestles) by Dec. 13-11 Minni. If its not Storely this could be huge for psu as Ruth could pin the other option the Rodents have at 174.
184: Wright wins a CLOSE CLOSE match over Steinhaus giving psu their first lead. 14-13 psu
197: Yohn with a Dec. over McIntosh. I know a lot of people are high on McIntosh but its a big match for a True Freshmen and Minni could easily get bonus pts here. 16-14 Minni takes the lead back.
hwt: Nelson over Wade by Dec. to seal the dual. 19-14.

Bael will go try to find a way to get Long back on the team because of his win at all costs theory but it won't happen this year I said once I will say it again I am more worried about Minnesota than psu this year.!!!!

Drooke

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
Ness appears relaxed...this is a snapshot into Dylan's world from his latest twitter....

Dness10 Dylan Ness
Just got a smoothie at Jamba, and she gave me a free muffin

haha

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 12:16:37 AM »
No link Drooke
CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 02:41:40 AM »
You ain't seen nothing til your down on a muffin.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline KR1963

• National Champ
  • OMFG ROTFLMFAO WTF SMFH NFM We ARE...
    • View Profile
    • Everything Penn State Wrestling
CLICK BELOW FOR MY EVERYTHING PENN STATE BLOG:
http://everythingpennstate.theopenmat.org/

A WRESTLER'S MOST OFTEN HEARD OFF-SEASON QUOTE: Are you gonna eat that?

"I'd nail her so hard, whoever could pull me out would be named King of England" Deadspin

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 07:20:41 AM »
Sherlock, what's the story?

Save your problems for another day so you can win right away. 

That seems to be the philosophy in State College.  Worked out well for Long, and the football team.

uh, thats ridiculous.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline FlyingTiger

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 08:06:44 AM »
Funny how Ronsnap pretends Iowa's wrestlers haven't had any legal issues. Last time I checked, both teams will have two guys in the lineup that have gotten themselves in hot water. Of course, when this is brought up, the rationalizations start flying.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:41 AM »
I think the gophers are currently "pending charges" free :)
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »
Funny how Ronsnap pretends Iowa's wrestlers haven't had any legal issues. Last time I checked, both teams will have two guys in the lineup that have gotten themselves in hot water. Of course, when this is brought up, the rationalizations start flying.

Which is why I asked.  I know Iowa's guy had to sit after their indiscretions.  What happened with Sherlock?  Were charges dropped?
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.