Author Topic: OSU vs Minnesota  (Read 17372 times)

Offline MNRodent

• Junior High
    • View Profile
Re: OSU vs Minnesota
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
Thorn is wrestling great right now.  I don't think Oliver will major him.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
Loser has to use the signature of the winners choice, for a pre-determined amount of time.  I say 1 month or until we wager another signature.

Thanks.  I'm going to start thinking one up for you right now.  But I don't want to be mean.  Anything in particular I should stay away from?
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 10:32:40 PM »
Loser has to use the signature of the winners choice, for a pre-determined amount of time.  I say 1 month or until we wager another signature.

Thanks.  I'm going to start thinking one up for you right now.  But I don't want to be mean.  Anything in particular I should stay away from?

Anything that has to do with Pizza Hut
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »

I'm pretty easy and I'll work on yours as well.  Expect at least 1 then/than intentional error that you will have to wear like a badge for a month. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
I'm pretty easy and I'll work on yours as well.  Expect at least 1 then/than intentional error that you will have to wear like a badge for a month.

Oooooh, that sounds mean.  I may have to rethink my choice.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »
Full preview of this one this week, but off the top of my head here is who I see it.

Sanders by Dec.
Oliver by Dec.
Kindig by Dec.
Parks by Dec
Dietchler by Dec
Yohn by Dec
Storley by Dec (if he goes)
Stenhaus by Dec
Byers by Dec
Nelson by Dec

18-15 MIN
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »
It won't be a personal attack against you, just the error that drives you insane staring back at you everyday. 

If Minnesota wins or losses by 3 points or less your signature will be

"I obviously know less about wrestling then fuhr.  If he ever offers to make a signature bet with me than I will have to think twice about it" - n9531l

If Okie State wins by 4 it's a push and we both have to declare Kong as the greatest college wrestling linesmaker

If Okie State wins by 5 or more, my signature will be....................................................
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:09:54 PM by fuhr »
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »
If Okie State wins by 5 or more, my signature will be....................................................

"I finally see that my misguided impression of n9531l's logolatry was simply a reflection of my own cacology;  he is truly among the clerisy." - fuhr

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »
I see this as a Minny blowout with Ness upsetting (?) Parks.  I'd pick Dardanes to win also, but I don't want to appear as a homer.
Tax the churches.

Offline MNRodent

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 11:25:21 PM »
I see this as a Minny blowout with Ness upsetting (?) Parks.  I'd pick Dardanes to win also, but I don't want to appear as a homer.

Aren't you the guy who told me that Ness would pin Molinaro over on the Guillotine?  Settle down and let him be a freshman.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 09:25:15 AM »
Aren't you the guy who told me that Ness would pin Molinaro over on the Guillotine?  Settle down and let him be a freshman.

You're close.   I actually said "Expect the young guys to take their lumps early in the year, but develop into AA's by the end. "
Some guys did react to KR's flaming prediction that Ness & KS would be majored.

Parks is overrated and is ripe for an upset as he tries to hang on for a one point win.   I really like Kindig, so Dardanes would be a big upset and was tongue in cheek.
Tax the churches.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
What would you rank Parks and why?  He may not finish second this season, but that doesn't mean he hasn't earned his current ranking with several good wins throughout his career and is the highest returning wrestler outside of Molinaro.
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
Cicero, Parks has earned his ranking, but is overrated as he is ripe for the upset. Against good opponents Parks wrestles a close style winning matches by a point or two.
Tax the churches.

Offline Cicero

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »
We must be operating on different meanings of overrated.  By your definition, Kellen Russell is overrated.  If he has earned his spot, by definition he isn't overrated. 

I agree that he can be upset if he continues to wrestle such a close style, but it doesn't really happen that often.  His only bad loss was to Stephens last year.  The others to Caldwell, Chamberlain, Dake and LeValley aren't really bad, only Chamberlain would have been ranked below him and that was at worst one or two spots.  I'm probably much more frustrated by his style than you, but he has gotten the job done for the most part, particularly since moving up in weight. 
"The kinds of moves Oliver can hit are well beyond the kinds of moves I have the wrestling knowledge to describe" - LoSt

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
125 - Sanders by Dec.  I like Morrison's chances if he goes as I think he'll be fired up to prove he should be the guy.  When he has the weight under control and is healthy, he is top notch.  Still, Sanders is too tough to expect a win here for the Cowboys.  3-0 Gophers

133 - Oliver by MDec.  This is more about Oliver than who he is wrestling.  He will win by major if he has his weight right.  If not, he could lose.  There is no one in the country (not Steiber, not red-shirting Sentes...no one) that Oliver can't beat by 8+.  Go watch his finals match from last year against a guy who was better than every other guy in the country save Oliver.  That was a beat down, not a major, but a beat down.  4-3 Cowboys

141 - Kindig by Dec - Two guys who have major upside and you could see a big fall here (either way) with the likely pace of this match. 7-3 Cowboys

149 - Parks by Dec - People who hate Parks are going to hate this year.  He won't lose to anyone except for Molinaro.  10-3 Cowboys

157 - Deitchler by Dec - Tough pick here as I like White, but Deitchler has proven more thus far.  Excellent test for Albert. 10-6 Cowboys

165 - Bailey by Dec - Split last year and I understand those picking Yohn.  I expect Bailey to respond to the adversity he has seen recently.  13-6 Cowboys

174 - Storley by MDec - McNeil is game, but I think that might be to his detriment here.  13-10 Cowboys

184 - Perry by Dec - Perry beat Boaz easily and I'm told he looks like he has gotten rid of some of the baby fat he had last year.  3-10 at 184 are seperated by a razor thin margin.  This will be a very good match.  16-10 Cowboys

197 - Byers by Dec - Another match that will tell us a lot.  Byers has walked through less than stellar opposition.  Is he back to the level where he beat Kilgore?  I think he is very close.  19-10 Cowboys

HWT - Z by Dec - I've been calling for Z to be a top-notch guy since he moved to HWT and I'm not stopping now.  22-10 Cowboys

Normally predicting a 22-10 win would mean I felt confident the Cowboys would win, but this is not really the case here.  I think they will, but there are so many close matches here or matches that we just don't know enough about one guy or the other that the final score could swing wildly.  Add to that the Gophers results so far and this one is tough to call.  Should be fun to watch!