Author Topic: #1 Iowa vs #2 Oklahoma State on January 7  (Read 15367 times)

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
Re: #1 Iowa vs #2 Oklahoma State on January 7
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
I've been admiring fuhr's clever sig line this month, but I have a feeling it's about to change.  I wonder if he is up for another bet.

fuhr, if you want Iowa, I'll give you two points even though they are #1.  I haven't decided on a new sig for you, but I'll try to make it something you can be proud to display.  If you want the new sig duration to be a week instead of a month, I'm OK with that.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
Shameless plug: I will be there...

Also, recently announced is the Delta Air Lines Flyaway weekend January 20-22, which will include Iowa's duals at Ohio State and Penn State, and perhaps another dual to be announced on Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:13:42 PM by SetonHallPirate »

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »
If Clark wins Midlands do they still start Ramos?  Or if you want to save team points isn't Clark  the go to guy?

If Clark wins Midlands maybe its an issue, but if Ramos wins and is #2 you can't sit him to save team points.  You have to give him a shot at #1.
Barring injury, this is Clark's last shot at winning the spot.  I'm sure he's motivated to give it his all.  Would be nice to see them in the finals, along with Marion and Ballweg at 141.  Heck, while I'm dreaming, what about Telford and Rasing in the finals at Hwt!
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
I've been admiring fuhr's clever sig line this month, but I have a feeling it's about to change.  I wonder if he is up for another bet.

fuhr, if you want Iowa, I'll give you two points even though they are #1.  I haven't decided on a new sig for you, but I'll try to make it something you can be proud to display.  If you want the new sig duration to be a week instead of a month, I'm OK with that.

I will be up for another sig bet, but I think we should wait on points given until closer to the event.  DSJ in or out of the lineup will make a difference I believe.  Dumb on my part, I should take the 2 points at home and be happy but want it to be fair when the event rolls around. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 04:20:52 PM »
I will be up for another sig bet, but I think we should wait on points given until closer to the event.  DSJ in or out of the lineup will make a difference I believe.  Dumb on my part, I should take the 2 points at home and be happy but want it to be fair when the event rolls around.

That sounds right to me.  I see you are a man of honor.

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »
Dumb on my part, I should take the 2 points at home and be happy but want it to be fair when the event rolls around.

Wait a minute....are you saying that the #1 ranked Hawkeyes are a two point dog? At CHA? Really?  :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
Dumb on my part, I should take the 2 points at home and be happy but want it to be fair when the event rolls around.

Wait a minute....are you saying that the #1 ranked Hawkeyes are a two point dog? At CHA? Really?  :)

I didn't say that.  n9 said that.  I said, I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, take the points, and run.  But I'm not. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Spoons

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 06:11:04 PM »
Here are my thoughts and let me say this dual scares me to death. But I would rather have the hawks lose to oky state than psu.

125: Matt wins by dec. and Hawks take a 3-0.
133: Ramos..... can't do it Oliver wins by dec. 3-3
141: Marion wins by dec. and Hawks grab the lead back 6-3
149 Parks over Kelly and ties it back up at 6-6
157: Moore wins..... a dec. over Bailey close with a  last second takedown & gives the Hawks the lead 9-6.
174: Lofthouse wins a dec. and we win 2 in a row making it 12-6 Hawks. Momentum building....
184: Perry majors Wagner and we are in trouble.... 12-10 Hawks
197: Rosholt/Byers dec. Gambrall and the Hawks lose the lead. 13-12 Cowboys
Hwt: Just when it looks like the streak is over Telford wins over the Russian and flips..... oops he just wins the dual for us making it 15-13 Hawks and the roof is blown off Carver and the place goes nuts......

Offline Vak Brannigan

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 08:38:35 PM »
Here are my thoughts and let me say this dual scares me to death. But I would rather have the hawks lose to oky state than psu.

125: Matt wins by dec. and Hawks take a 3-0.
133: Ramos..... can't do it Oliver wins by dec. 3-3
141: Marion wins by dec. and Hawks grab the lead back 6-3
149 Parks over Kelly and ties it back up at 6-6
157: Moore wins..... a dec. over Bailey close with a  last second takedown & gives the Hawks the lead 9-6.
174: Lofthouse wins a dec. and we win 2 in a row making it 12-6 Hawks. Momentum building....
184: Perry majors Wagner and we are in trouble.... 12-10 Hawks
197: Rosholt/Byers dec. Gambrall and the Hawks lose the lead. 13-12 Cowboys
Hwt: Just when it looks like the streak is over Telford wins over the Russian and flips..... oops he just wins the dual for us making it 15-13 Hawks and the roof is blown off Carver and the place goes nuts......

You're just eliminating 165 from the weight classes?
Opulence...I has it.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
this dual will really come down to whether or not DSJ can go.  taking the Midlands off will help him, but a knee can be a very problematic injury
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Spoons

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
Oops my bad..... :-\ :-\

Give the Hawks 3 more pts.

Cruo

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 11:36:49 PM »
How far into Minnesota does IPTV still get picked up?  I hate family.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »
Rochester, Austin, Albert Lea all get IPTV.  Don't think Owatonna does but not 1005 sure on that. 

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »
If Clark wins Midlands do they still start Ramos?  Or if you want to save team points isn't Clark  the go to guy?

This isnt last year where a freshman was trying to grab the spot from a Jr.  It was still up in the air last year.  I don't think it is anymore.  Ramos will always be the wrestler that will score more points in a tournament than Clark will.  Ramos is clearly the 133lber for Iowa and will be wrestling against Oliver in the dual.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

Fuhr, when I offered two points I thought I had heard DSJ was definitely out, but that may not be right.  If he's out, I'll stick with my two point offer.  If he's in, you should give me three points.  When are we likely to know if he's in or out?

If I win, your new sig will be:

"It's hard for me to express how disappointed I am that nobody has had the gumption to accept n9531l's chess endgame challenge." - fuhr

Do you like a one week or one month sig period?