Author Topic: #1 Iowa vs #2 Oklahoma State on January 7  (Read 15561 times)

Offline Vak Brannigan

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Re: #1 Iowa vs #2 Oklahoma State on January 7
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:51 AM »
The bigger story is that Maple could have beaten everyone in Carver tonight.

Too bad he was busy ending the Israeli-Pakistani conflict and winning Dancing WIth The Stars.  Only so much time in the weekend.
Opulence...I has it.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
The most impressive part was when Maple came out of the stands and challenged Mocco and Steve took off out of Carver like he'd seen a ghost. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
Really impressive since Mr Maple also got the fall last night at Navy.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »
I think another internet legend has been born.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »
Maple made Gable drink his toilet water and promise to not talk about arm bars anymore.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline tim73135

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »
Thoughts on Iowa vs. ok state

Hwt – Z takes care of business again. The Iowa heavy didn’t really look in the match to much, it looked like osu was going to get 6 points, tedford did a good job fighting off his back.

125 – McDonough worked hard throughout the match to score points, Morrison worked the ties to try to slow him down, which didn’t work for very long. You could see the wear and tear on morrisons face, he looked like he had been in a boxing match. Morrison never really got in the match here.

133 – ramos wrestled a very smart match, oliver needed to wrestle more like Mcdonough to open ramos up and he didnt. Keys here were good position by ramos, oliver not finishing his shot, too many cautions by oliver to give up a point. Im not sure how much difference this match is going to make either way as both these guys are going to end up wrestling a host of other ranked guys and it wouldn’t surprise me if Ramos lost to someone else before nationals. Oliver has some things to work on as well, should be a good match at national duals with ohio state.

141 – marion dang near lost this one, kindig looked pretty good, got in deep on several shots, finished a few of them. Nothing against kindig, but Marions lack of energy did him a favor tonight. Not sure about those back at the end, judgement call my the ref I guess, but Marion pulled it out. Marion needs to shake himself out of the funk he is in, Kindig could beat him next time.

149 – Parks does what he should have, probley could have scored more takedowns, but a win from him is a win.

157 – White pulls one out here, he is at his best in defensive positions, seems hard to score on. Too bad for Iowa dsj wasn’t able to go, the match could have gone the other way.

165 – nothing flashy from evans, just a hard nose scrap to win. Pretty good scrambles in this one, the defining moment to me was when bailey stopped trying to score and started holding on for the stalemate and gave up two.

174 – another hard fought match, regardless of the crowd noise, both guys seemed to stay in the center. A bit of a scrap at the end, kids acting like kids…fault on both sides, good win for perry.

184 – two middle tier guys battling it out with a dual meet on the line, I think mcneil could have won if he had opened up more, the Iowa kid stayed aggressive, entertaining.

197 – Rosholt looked good, gambrel looked sluggish.

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
Just wondering how we think DSJ would have handled White. White seems very good defensively, and able to slow the match down. Would DSJ been able to score bonus on White. I knoe DSJ is very good offensively, especially on top.

Reason I ask, is that I do not want to hear how Iowa would have won if DSJ was healthy. The swing match  was Oliver losing. DSJ scores bonus , Iowa wins, if not it goes to criteria. I am sure DSJ  adds more points than Oliver for criteria. Anyhow, this dual can occurr 5x and have a different winner on any day with or without DSJ.
When all else fails, do the opposite...

Offline wrestej

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »
Got to say I didn't see Ramos beating Oliver, heck, I didn't think it would be close.   

Cruo

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »
DSJ wouldn't have needed to score bonus on White last night.  If he beats him even by one point then it is a six point swing in the Hawks direction.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Thanks for the recap Tim. I missed this one and that was a good read!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »
Really impressive since Mr Maple also got the fall last night at Navy.

He's just that good.

I was probably over-reactionary blocking the Mr. Maple pimp in the chat last night but the dude was typing novels about how good Maple was and bragging about how he'd post whatever he wanted to.... had to show him different.  So apologies to whoever that was. 

Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
Nah you did the right thing. What sucks is that Maple seems like a really good kid, no attitude at all, and then morons like the one last night makes other people hate the wrestler for no other reason...
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »
Agree Kong.  I still think metcalf would have been beloved by all had it not been for fans drooling about Metcalf on boards. 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »
I said it before and guess who was right.

If DSJ wrestles Iowa wins.
He didn't and they lost. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »
DSJ wouldn't have needed to score bonus on White last night.  If he beats him even by one point then it is a six point swing in the Hawks direction.

The dual is now past tense. I am talking about how they match up next time. I am going to have to assume Oliver wins. It would still be a tie unless DSJ gets bonus.

I also called it that OSU wins with DSJ out. However, I never considered Oliver getting beaten.
When all else fails, do the opposite...