Author Topic:  (Read 13489 times)

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Usa Wrestling
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
Quote from: "Drooke"
Cougar n' V.  I realize the posts are old but I was curious if anything had materialized from this conversation between you two?

No, and the fault is on our end. We realized that we just don't have the grass roots support (warm body's) to make it happen yet but it's stillon my mind. Personally, so much of my time is taken up in HS and G/FS club wrestling (and raising a difficult teenager) I can't take on a project that would initially consume this much time, however, I believe some of the puzzle pieces are in place so that when the time comes it is a doable deal. The relationships are there but some other things have to fall into place. Having the initial vision is the easy part; after that it's pure hell making it happen.  :D
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Julio

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »
I know theres not much we can do about it but I believe that the rise of MMA has seriously hurt our wrestlers motivation to go for more than one Olympic cycle (if any at all).  Don't know what to do about it since I do enjoy watching MMA and I can't see how we can change this unless we completely restructure the wrestling administration and find a way to pay these first (and almost more importantly second and third) tier guys to stay and train/compete.
"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist"

Ron Reagan

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »
Quote from: "Julio"
I know theres not much we can do about it but I believe that the rise of MMA has seriously hurt our wrestlers motivation to go for more than one Olympic cycle (if any at all).  Don't know what to do about it since I do enjoy watching MMA and I can't see how we can change this unless we completely restructure the wrestling administration and find a way to pay these first (and almost more importantly second and third) tier guys to stay and train/compete.

It's all about the money. If USAW could sum up some funds to keep these guys around all year, MMA wouldn't even be a thought for most of the diehards.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."