Author Topic: Real wrestling season is officially over. What lame things are you doing now?  (Read 11639 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
refreshing the message boards hoping for something interesting; waiting of OT next weekend; Fargo and recruiting season; and perhaps something exciting here on TOM.

MMA will also get going again for me as the UFC is loaded with cards for the next couple of months.  Not that Belator has been bad, but MTV is a wasteland and I never remember to check out what is going on there.  Usually forget by the time the card is almost over I'm tuning in.

Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
I'm watching my boy attempt to play baseball, gonna watch KungFu Hustle again tonight and maybe sleep with a lady I know.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
When I start going through withdrawls I fire up flowrestling and watch old vids.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
When I start going through withdrawls I fire up flowrestling and watch old vids.
Lots of this.  Watch some college stuff i missed and watching the wrestlers who wiill enter d1 ranks next year.
Looking forward to fila jrs and otts. 

Doing spring wrestling practice for my team. 
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Practice? You talkin 'bout practice?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Lots of this.  Watch some college stuff i missed and watching the wrestlers who wiill enter d1 ranks next year.

From a kids POV spring wrestling should be nothing but a lot of fun. Unless he's nationally competitive there is no real need to pull weight, no need to run, just work on technique and lifting, go to some FS & GR tournaments for the experience and concentrate on getting better not winning or losing. Have fun with it, try new things, get to know other competitors.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:10:56 PM by ViseGrip »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Causing uproars on that other site about a fifth-place vote in the Intermat Wrestler of the Year Award...and certainly understandably so.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Whoa what? There's another wrestling website?

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Real Season?

pfft.

this is when the fun starts.

school year wrestling is boring. (hs, anyway)
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find a class that I can take here in the Quads that will cover my coaching requirement instead of drving to Cedar Rapids (about an hour drive away)

and watching lots of baseball
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Real Season?

pfft.

this is when the fun starts.

school year wrestling is boring. (hs, anyway)

This is the JV season. :)

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Causing uproars on that other site about a fifth-place vote in the Intermat Wrestler of the Year Award...and certainly understandably so.

Not placing Dake in the top 5 for wrestler of the year is off season trolling at its best. Best to keep it over there though. Likely to get shot if you try that over here. Gotta love off season hijinks.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile

From a kids POV spring wrestling should be nothing but a lot of fun. Unless he's nationally competitive there is no real need to pull weight, no need to run, just work on technique and lifting, go to some FS & GR tournaments for the experience and concentrate on getting better not winning or losing. Have fun with it, try new things, get to know other competitors.

Yeah, we do some free, and keep it light obviously.  Its a fun sport and i try to make it fun all the time. 

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Practice? You talkin 'bout practice?

There is no off season my friend!!