Author Topic: Real wrestling season is officially over. What lame things are you doing now?  (Read 11637 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Use the wrestling to get rid of the honey do's like I do.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Lots of Angels (me) and Twins (wife)
baseball courtesy of MLB.tv.

And freestyle travel, Greco travel, Olympic travel and honey dos in between
How does someone from the 757 come to become an Angels fan?  I mean I know the Orioles are a complete dumpster fire..
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
My bad. Steelhead look better and I believe get just as big.

steelhead certainly look better. but i don't think they get near as big.

then again, frankly, i didn't know the NW had sturgeon. i thought they were a great lakes thing
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com

How does someone from the 757 come to become an Angels fan?  I mean I know the Orioles are a complete dumpster fire..

Older sister used to live in Southern California when I was growing up (she's 18 years older than I). Sent me Angels gear in about 1985. Really became a baseball fan in 1986 ... people remember Buckner, but they don't always remember Donnie Moore's blown save against the Sox with the Halos up 3-1 in the ALCS.

Rock,
Wrestling forces the honey-do's. When you're home six days out of the last 40, some of those man things need to get done when you're home. Not about to have my pregnant wife teeter on a ladder to replace a smoke detector.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile

Older sister used to live in Southern California when I was growing up (she's 18 years older than I). Sent me Angels gear in about 1985. Really became a baseball fan in 1986 ... people remember Buckner, but they don't always remember Donnie Moore's blown save against the Sox with the Halos up 3-1 in the ALCS.

Rock,
Wrestling forces the honey-do's. When you're home six days out of the last 40, some of those man things need to get done when you're home. Not about to have my pregnant wife teeter on a ladder to replace a smoke detector.

Well you should have an enjoyable year as an Angels fan this year.

I'm with you on wrestling forcing honey-do's.  I'm not gone as much as you but that stuff definitely can pile up after being gone 13-15 hours of the day, every day.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Angels gave Pujols a gazziillllion dollars to ingest massive amounts of steroids and hit 900 more home runs. 
We are the storm.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Angels gave Pujols a gazziillllion dollars to ingest massive amounts of steroids and hit 900 more home runs.

Pujols size sure reminds me of other roid ragers, but how does he get around it if he does use it?

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
My bad. Steelhead look better and I believe get just as big.

steelhead certainly look better. but i don't think they get near as big.

then again, frankly, i didn't know the NW had sturgeon. i thought they were a great lakes thing

Du ...you are correct. State records up and down the coasts, and great lake area, will produce 20+ pound trophy's.  State records are around 30# ... The Holy Grail for most folks is a 20#+ Steelhead. The Washington State 'FISH" is the Steelhead, not the Pacific Salmon as one would think. The UW in Seattle, has transplanted Steelhead to the great Lakes, and East Coast river systems as well.

Also the UW crossed Steelhead with Lake Trout from the Great Lakes. The Hybrid unfortunately is sterile, yet does produce on HELLA fun fish to persue. They act like trout, look like salmon, and fight like Steelhead. Lake Washington, in the heart of Seattle is the primary body of water for those "test tube" fish .... and it's one heck of fun deal !! In the shadow of the Space Needle no less!!!

Come to find out..... The UW also did some Genetic research a while back, and determined the Steelhead IS NOT a trout, but in fact is a unique species of Salmon, with genetic ties to the Atlantic Salmon which also survive the spawning process and will return several times to their native river and spawn. Hence, the name designation  "2 Salt" or "3 Salt" and "4 Salt" is a 5 year old fish.

Oh .. and yes, the Sturgeon range up and down the West Coast to Alaska and over to Idaho. 900#-1000# fish have turned up .... They are protected, and managed by the Fisheries Dept.

I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net

Rock,

LMAO best pic I ever took. Believe it or not, I offered to do it and she refused to let me
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Great Stuff, Wire.

Also the UW crossed Steelhead with Lake Trout from the Great Lakes. The Hybrid unfortunately is sterile, yet does produce on HELLA fun fish to persue. They act like trout, look like salmon, and fight like Steelhead

that sounds awesome.

Pa has a great trout history/inventories, but they probably don't hold a candle to the NW.

the state fish is the Brook Trout. but with all the management of the game commission/hatcheries, there's a big difference between native brookies and hatchery brookies. the natives certainly fight more, and i are more colorful. the easiest way to tell a native from a hatchery fish is that natives bellies will be more yellow/orange as opposed to white. unfortunately natives are few and far between.

People in PA (not sure if it was the state or private hatcheries) also tinkered with genetics. there are golden rainbows and even blue rainbows, neither of which will reproduce. there's a palomino trout too, not sure if they can reproduce or not.
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Spoons

• Novice
    • View Profile
I will be watching my "superstar" daughter playing softball. If you cant tell I'm pretty proud of her but she is pretty good. This 10u ASA softball is just about as fun as watching the Hawks. ;) Also my 6 year old son stars Baseball pretty soon but he will still do some wrestling camps and summer wrestling also.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
I will be watching my "superstar" daughter playing softball. If you cant tell I'm pretty proud of her but she is pretty good. This 10u ASA softball is just about as fun as watching the Hawks. ;) Also my 6 year old son stars Baseball pretty soon but he will still do some wrestling camps and summer wrestling also.

Wire maybe we will cross paths. My daughter is on 14U and we played in IA about 5 times last year.

This year we have a big ASA one in the Quad Cities, Tournament is in Moline, June 29-31
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
I covered ASA softball for a number of years.

"Engine-Engine Number Nine, hit that ball right down the line"
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline Spoons

• Novice
    • View Profile
Viratas, Last year they went to class A/B state and won their pool and they were the 1st West Liberty team to make class A finals. They finished 4th and it was awesome. They lost 5 REALLY good girls and picked up 6 new ones so they are a little young this year. It will be a lot tougher this year but they got 2nd yesterday at our home tournament. They are 5-2 right now and are getting better with thier offense but thier defense needs some work. Haylee is a pitcher/short stop. Its here 1st year pitching and she is all ready 3-1 as starter and doing well. She got rocked yesterday but is coming along nicely. Actually we are heading to Iowa City to watch the Hawks play softball right now and her best friend(our catcher) is going with us. Hopefully we will see you guys sometime!!

Offline Big D

• Novice
    • View Profile
Great Stuff, Wire.

Also the UW crossed Steelhead with Lake Trout from the Great Lakes. The Hybrid unfortunately is sterile, yet does produce on HELLA fun fish to persue. They act like trout, look like salmon, and fight like Steelhead

that sounds awesome.

Pa has a great trout history/inventories, but they probably don't hold a candle to the NW.

the state fish is the Brook Trout. but with all the management of the game commission/hatcheries, there's a big difference between native brookies and hatchery brookies. the natives certainly fight more, and i are more colorful. the easiest way to tell a native from a hatchery fish is that natives bellies will be more yellow/orange as opposed to white. unfortunately natives are few and far between.

People in PA (not sure if it was the state or private hatcheries) also tinkered with genetics. there are golden rainbows and even blue rainbows, neither of which will reproduce. there's a palomino trout too, not sure if they can reproduce or not.

Tried naming my daughter Brook or Rainbow but couldn't talk the wife into it?
According to family genealogy, name of family coming over from Germany was Troudt and changed to Trout at some point between VA and a generation in PA? Grew up spending family vacations on the Wind River Indian Reservation fishing for Trout every day with relation that lived there... good times!