Author Topic: Southern Scuffle Pre-Seeds...no waters....  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Scuffle Pre-Seeds...no waters....
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
He did what he thought was better for the sport.  Apparently college wrestling teams only get so many competition dates.  He had to choose between going to New York and doing the MSG thing and then swining over to Buffalo, or going to Midlands.  At least that is the impression I got from the hundreds of posts on this very subject on the Iowa wrestling forum.  Midlands is a pretty big deal even without Iowa being there officially, but I'm sure Iowa participating in that Gardens thing brought in a lot more fans than would have showed up if Iowa had not participated.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »
Hey, where'd Bryce go.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »
Anybody else out there think Brands is a coward for not participating in the Scuffle OR the Midlands? I think it's pathetic.

I don't know the reason why they werent there and I wish they were.  But it's the first time in like thirty years that Iowa hasn't wrestled in the Midlands so I'll give him a pass.  I don't think he owes anyone an explination of why they didnt participate this year.  If Brands thinks it's best for the team I believe him.  It worked out pretty good a couple of years ago when they finished like fifth at Midlands, didnt go to National Duals and ended up getting third at Nationals. 

Your assertion that Brands tends to skip every tough competition wherever possible is ignorant.  Since he's been coach they've missed TWO tough events, which they normally attend.  Duals two years ago and Midlands this year. 
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »
Brands is still pissed about losing to tOSU last season and it sounds like he wants everyone at 100% for the dual this week. Coward? A terrible word choice, thwy would have walked away with a title at Midlands this year without a whole lot of trouble.

As to the Scufle...Iowa aint going there so why include it in the list.

What else have I missed after taking some time to recover after the Midlands coverage?
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 12:55:43 PM »
Brands is still pissed about losing to tOSU last season and it sounds like he wants everyone at 100% for the dual this week. Coward? A terrible word choice, thwy would have walked away with a title at Midlands this year without a whole lot of trouble.

Because they would have been the ONLY top 5 team in attendance.

Just wanted to say it one more time.

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »

Scuffle better teams, Midlands better wrestlers.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »

Scuffle better teams, Midlands better wrestlers.
5 number 1's at Scuffle.  2 at Midlands.

You can be like Bryce and create the criteria to fit your argument, but as far as TOP(Number 1's) Scuffle is better.

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
I'd rather watch a 3v4 than a 1v9.  165 pounds at the scuffle is amazing for sure, but the Midlands overall had the more exciting matchups.  I don't think Taylor vs. Dake version 2 will come close to how awesome the Mango vs. Dennis match was anyway.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2013, 01:44:46 PM »
I'd rather watch a 3v4 than a 1v9.  165 pounds at the scuffle is amazing for sure, but the Midlands overall had the more exciting matchups.  I don't think Taylor vs. Dake version 2 will come close to how awesome the Mango vs. Dennis match was anyway.
Well, here's who the 1's will wrestle
1. Oliver v. Ness
1 Dake V. 2 Taylor
1 Perry v. 3 Storley(or 6 Brown)
1 Ruth v. 2 Bosak
1 Nelson v. 2 Bradley(or Z)

Good call there.

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
1. Oliver v. Ness
1 Dake V. 2 Taylor
1 Ruth v. 2 Bosak

Good call there.

You missed the point.  I don't want to wait until the finals to have a good matchup.  The Midlands had good matches early in the tournament, and some of the consi matches were huge as well.

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »
When was the last time you saw someone down 10-0 win 12-10?

Mango say never.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »
1. Oliver v. Ness
1 Dake V. 2 Taylor
1 Ruth v. 2 Bosak

Good call there.

You missed the point.  I don't want to wait until the finals to have a good matchup.  The Midlands had good matches early in the tournament, and some of the consi matches were huge as well.
So you got a lot of 3 v 4 before the finals at midlands?  Interesting.  Keep altering your criteria to support your flawed argument.

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »
You really are a stubborn little prick aren't you?  It doesn't have to be 3v4 or 1v9, everything posted on a message board isn't supposed to be literal.  If you weren't a half retarded dick head then you would understand that I was talking about Midlands having a deeper field and having more good matches than the scuffle throughout the tournament.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
You really are a stubborn little prick aren't you?  It doesn't have to be 3v4 or 1v9, everything posted on a message board isn't supposed to be literal.  If you weren't a half retarded dick head then you would understand that I was talking about Midlands having a deeper field and having more good matches than the scuffle throughout the tournament.

Classy.

So midlands isn't "literally" more top heavy. 

Just in your set criteria that changes every single post.

I may be retarded, but at least I don't say "I don't want to see 1 v 9, I'd prefer 3 v. 4" when none of those even approximate ranking matchups occurred.  You're just making things up. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:46:19 PM by vaisforlovers »

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »
This is fun.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l