Author Topic: TRADE ANNOUNCED  (Read 7275 times)

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
TRADE ANNOUNCED
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »
Yak and I have agreed to the following trade:

He gets

Cory Clark - RS-Iowa – 125 - NR
Dylan Alton - PSU – 157 - #5
Bubby Graham -OU – 165  #4

I get

Andy McCulley - WYO - 157 - #12
Ramon Santiago - Rider – 165 #16
Mike Evans - Iowa – 174 #4

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: TRADE ANNOUNCED
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:13 PM »
I am going to have to think on this one for a bit. I am struggling with it at first glance.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
Is it appropriate to inquire as to the nature of your misgivings?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »
Give me a little bit to get my head wrapped around it.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline yak rider

• DIII
  • smile,breathe, move slowly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
really?  i think it is fair as it helps both of us.  actually jc a bit more.  he gets evans who is undefeated this year and seems to be blossoming at his new weight and just beat the #2 ranked guy.  he also gets two top ranked guys in their conferences to bolster his run to the ncaa during conference week should he not finish in the top 5.  they both are not slouches in the big picture either. i think mcculley is a tad underated.  jc had his choice of yohn or santiago and opted for the better schedule and conference chance then the higher nationally ranked wrestler. 
i get alton who will miss all of jan. and will have to wrestle off to get his spot back and is not a favorite to win his conference by a long shot with both st. john and welch among others being there.  i also get graham who is having a good year to this point but will not win his conference and i am hoping for a spot on the podium somewhere in march although 1 point wins over toal etc doesn't put him in the dake taylor caldwell tier of 65 lbers.  prob with the toals and aspers of the world at this point.  also clark is now just dead weight as i am hoping i can stay in the top 5 and wont need an extra guy.    anyway,  they are my thoughts but if you want numbers behind the names i am more then willing to give him a yohn and take back santiago.  that's his call though.  also, i am not privy to whether he has a deal in place with another like vais to move one of his 74 lbers.   
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:32:10 AM by yak rider »
wag more...  bark less

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »
As an aside, in the past we weren't allowed to draft RS guys to keep the next year.  Did that change?

I also enjoy when guys argue that a trade they made is better for the other guy.  Altruism runs rampant in Fantasy sports you know.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:34:41 AM »
well   everyone is entitled to their opinion.   that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.  ya caught me.  was trying to snag clark to keep for next year, thinking ruth and the altons and brown are flashes in the pan.  rats    thought i concealed my plan better then that.   ::)  did i miss an argument going on here?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:35:51 AM by yakrider »

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
For the record - I think the way this league operates, if you just look at rankings you don't get always get an accurate picture of a trade.  This is because of the disparity between conferences and the emphasis on doing well in conference tourneys.

I don't want Yohn though. 

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
For the record - I think the way this league operates, if you just look at rankings you don't get always get an accurate picture of a trade.  This is because of the disparity between conferences and the emphasis on doing well in conference tourneys.

I don't want Yohn though.
No one wants yohn :)
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
Is his Mom fed up with him also?  I had heard that on another forum but didn't want to believe it was true.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
how bout if i throw in ruth will you take yohn?  that is sorta the point.  yohn is or was ranked #9.  i really don't pay that much attention to those rankings, but nobody (i guess including mom) wants him, but he is ranked higher then santiago. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:08:38 AM by yakrider »

Offline Jerry Callo

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »
OK - if I gotta take Yohn to get Ruth I will swallow my pride and take him - but otherwise I prefer Santiago.

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
how bout if i throw in ruth will you take yohn?  that is sorta the point.  yohn is or was ranked #9.  i really don't pay that much attention to those rankings, but nobody (i guess including mom) wants him, but he is ranked higher then santiago.
YAK,
If you're throwing in Ruth i'll send you a bunch of good guys !!
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »
well   everyone is entitled to their opinion.   that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.  ya caught me.  was trying to snag clark to keep for next year, thinking ruth and the altons and brown are flashes in the pan.  rats    thought i concealed my plan better then that.   ::)  did i miss an argument going on here?

My question was an honest one.  I didn't realize we had changed that rule.  The sarcastic remark was thrown in because I'm an asshole. 

The larger question that this deal, and ones like it made every year about this time, raises is an important one.  How much should the league allow trades that will help one team make the play-offs, but give the other an advantage come NCAAs?  On the one hand it is a reward for being high enough in the standings to be able to sacrifice points in conference.  On the other hand, it skews the competitive balance of the play-offs and could be seen as unfair by others near the top.  I've been on both sides and there is no easy answer.  Frankly, I think if Akin can't decide he should put it up for a vote of the league.  That is how every Fantasy Football league I've ever been in has decided questionable trades.

This is the second trade in a week that I've thought looked a little off.

Offline YakRider

• DII
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
i think everyone usually makes a deal that is in their best interest.  i too have seen some trades in other leagues too that make me scratch my head (although personally and really  i don't think this is one).  but typically a guy will trade to help his team.  if i guy doesn't have a shot to make the ncaa's in conference week then the chances are much greater that he stops posting lineups and sorta drifts away.  even worse (and i'm not saying this has or is happening) colludes with a friend to make his friend's team a powerhouse.  i think akin does a fair job of allowing trades and in fact only remember one ( a gage one) that he squished.  i am not a big fan of using rankings to determine if a trade is fair or not but really don't have an alternative in mind.   i was in a fantasy (not wrestling ) league one time where all the members got to vote whether they thought a trade was fair or not.  that was a mess.   guys didn't vote.  teams that dropped out didn't even visit the website anymore.   this guy didn't like that guy etc    he didn't vote for mine so i am not voting for his etc etc.    like i said, i think akin is fair job and if both parties also agree and are allowed to state their reasoning..................