Author Topic: Missed lineups  (Read 1619 times)

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
Missed lineups
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
I always thought for late lineups you scored the last submitted lineup?

Didnt realize you got a zero.  Seems a little harsh.

Theres nothing about it in the rules, but that might be worth amending for next year.

Thats how ive seen it used in other leagues.  Its how it works in fantasy football, you space on a lineup submission, you still have the same guys starting as last week.  It wont be great, but better than a zero.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Missed lineups
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »
We've been doing that since last year at least.  I'm going to get it this week because I got stupid busy at work yesterday and never got to it.  I'm hoping to build some software for next year that might help make a carry over system easier to implement (not relying on Akin to look up the meets for the new week).

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »
Well if it is one guy that spaces it, that might be ok. But when it is 6 guys, that is a ton of extra work for me to input those lineups and figure out where each guy is wrestling. I don't think you are in any trouble of not making the post season, so you can handle a 0.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »
Well if it is one guy that spaces it, that might be ok. But when it is 6 guys, that is a ton of extra work for me to input those lineups and figure out where each guy is wrestling. I don't think you are in any trouble of not making the post season, so you can handle a 0.

No, I know. Thats why i said consider changing it for next season.  It is how youve done it all year, i just didnt realize because i hadnt missed submissions prior.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
how the hell did 6 guys miss putting in their lineups?  I mean one or two but seriously 6 dudes?

if you wanted help akin I could take three of the missed and set them up for ya'
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer