Author Topic: National Duals Brackets  (Read 16182 times)

Offline hand fighter

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
Re: National Duals Brackets
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
Does anyone know why McCormick didnt answer the bell?  Was it fear, or was he hurt?  He is a good wrestler - although not in the top tier - and i have him in two leagues -
Yes i believe it probably was fear. The entire team didn't want to answre the bell against the Legendary Iowa Hawkeyes. Sammie told the rest of the  guys that if they don't go out and at least try, they'd have to fear the Bull..

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
I wish some of you would have heard the discussion V and I had with arguing moving Waters to #1 after the last McDonough loss.

V was right, we probably should have moved him then. At the time, Waters' best wins were Triggas and Garrett, while the top three beat themselves up over it.

When I posed the question over on themat.com board, "what about waters," the idea was quickly dismissed by many.

Hey V, you were right.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline PowerHalf

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »
You don't think the first match was close?

Also, Delgado and Garrett have similar strengths. Garrett has been more dominant this season and his losses have been to slightly stronger competition and by closer scores. I'm not guaranteeing he'll win but it's a recipe for a perfect storm.

Not really.  Waters had a profound advantage on the mat.

You are comparing Garrett and Delgado because you think they have similar skill sets.  While they are both quick guys, their offense is very different on their feet.  Delgado is more about angles, whereas Garrett is more straight forward.  Straight forward does not work against McDonough.  This is not a perfect storm.  That is hope talking.

Alan Waters is better than Nahshon Garrett.  Alan Waters is not even in the discussion with McDonough.

If ONE person had said something beforehand and disagreed, I would have gladly given them their props.  It's you johnny-come-lately's that are trying to get some sort of satisfaction out of seeing someone admit they were wrong as if you stood on the opposite side of the stance.

So about those props you're giving out...

Offline PowerHalf

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
Alan Waters is better than Nahshon Garrett.  Alan Waters is not even in the discussion with McDonough.

...ouch

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »

...ouch

Well he's right. Waters AA'd and McDonough didnt
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell