Author Topic: Tyler Caldwell  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
Re: Tyler Caldwell
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
Of course it is.

6 falls on the year:

2 Matchs in OT

Out scored opponents 90-24 in matches where there was not a fall.

Yep Terrible Stats sure is a staller.

It is Heavy. I know you guys hate us fat kids, but it is a different beast.

Do heavies stall? Yep... so does every other weight in the country. I have seen plenty of it in every weight class this year.

Camp and Q are two of the most athletic big men in the country... What was there score 1-0?

Vais and his snarky little come backs when you provide him with data. He claims its an isolated thing. Yet he always talks in generalities...

(Undies in a bunch 3....2......1.....)

Ya ... BUT, little guys stall faster then big guys. And we can look "busy" at the same time....  just sayin'
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 06:31:49 PM »
MN had one of the toughest schedules in the country this year.

Since 12/2 he as wrestled 11 Ranked but most of which who were in the top 10! And GWIZ.

That includes two against the #2 guy in the country, the #3 and the #4

Anyone ever stop to think that some of the guys he wrestles do a fair bit of stalling also?

Serious does anyone even look at the actual results?

12/02/2012   vs. Oklahoma State   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Alan Gelogaev (Oklahoma State) 2-0.
12/07/2012   vs. Northwestern   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by forfeit over Unknown (Northwestern) .
12/08/2012   vs. Oregon State   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won in double overtime over Chad Hanke (Oregon State) 3-3.
01/02/2013   The Southern Scuffle   285   Varsity   Dominque Bradley (Missouri) won in tie breaker 1 over Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) 2-1.
01/02/2013   The Southern Scuffle   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Nick Gwiazdowski (North Carolina State) 4-1.
01/02/2013   The Southern Scuffle   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Andrew Delaney (The Citadel) 4-2.
01/02/2013   The Southern Scuffle   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Tyson Yoder (Oklahoma State) 2-1.
01/02/2013   The Southern Scuffle   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by pin over J.j. Everard (South Dakota State) 3:47.
01/02/2013   The Southern Scuffle   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) received a bye.
01/11/2013   vs. Ohio State   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Peter Capone (Ohio State) 3-1.
01/13/2013   vs. Indiana   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Adam Chalfant (Indiana) 4-1.
01/21/2013   vs. Illinois   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Chris Lopez (Illinois) 10-3.
01/26/2013   vs. Iowa   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Bobby Telford (Iowa) 2-1.
02/03/2013   vs. Michigan State   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Mike McClure (Michigan State) 4-0.
02/10/2013   vs. Wisconsin   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Connor Medbery (Wisconsin) 9-2.
02/22/2013   vs. Oklahoma State   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by pin over Alan Gelogaev (Oklahoma State) 4:50.
02/22/2013   vs. Virginia Tech   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over David Marone (Virginia Tech) 4-0.
02/23/2013   vs. Iowa   285   Varsity   Anthony Nelson (Minnesota) won by decision over Bobby Telford (Iowa) 3-1.

Well he's been able to pin 1 guy that matters and 5 scrubs. 
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
How many other wrestlers pinned the #2 guy in the country. A Guy I believe you said Nelson had no chance of beating bfore the season?

Amyways way to pipe in on my comments directed at Herb who said he had a weak schedule.

What were the scores of Dake and Taylor?  When top wrestlers face one another the scores are generally low scoring and close.
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
Never said he had no chance.  Ive told you a million times to stop exaggerating.

He broke the russians will to live haha. I was surprised that time. I wont be surprised the next time.

Still think Z is the better talent. Kinda like nico and delgado. Thought delgado was better, just wasnt winning. Of course hes won now, so its different.

You cant refute statistically the pin of Z is an outlier. Winning isnt. The pin is.

I didnt realize I needed to permission to post on this thread so forgive me for interrupting :).

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Yes please ask next time
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »
November 9-Hofstra  @ Home

November 10-Bison Open  @ Fargo, North Dakota

November 16-Nebraska  @ Lincoln, Nebraska

November 18-Boise State  @ Home

November 24-NDSU Duals (Stanford, Eastern Michigan, Campbell, North Dakota State) @ Fargo, North Dakota

EVERY school has an easy schedule in november-IU wrestles local high schools (or would if they could)-this is the weak part of Minny's schedule . I do NOT (REALLY DO NOT ) want to argue this point as I am a Nelson fan and think he is the most talented hwt in college right now. I simply wish he'd open up a bit (lot) more as I'm afraid he's going to jack around and lose one of those 3-3 ride outs that he wins by 3 seconds of RT. Hell, just using his snap down and knee snatch he should get 3-4 TD's a match.
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »
Damn this forum is volatile. I make a simple observation that Tyler Caldwell is boring to watch and bam....fireworks!
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 05:51:13 AM »

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:41 AM »
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
Caldwells mom stalked and attacked me on facebook two years ago after B12's.  I had made a post stating that the Oklahoma fans I was sitting by were being racist and calling Burroughs, "boy" during their finals match.  I guess it hit a little too close to home for her because she said I was attacking her family.  I bet they won't call Burroughs anything but Sir from now on.

Also, he is very boring to watch.  Just in case she's still reading all of my posts...that was not a personal attack.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:24:47 AM by ronsnap »
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline tim73135

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »
is caldwell boring to watch now? as a osu fan, I think he is. this is the caldwell i remember from oklahoma. Its too bad because at the first of the year he was a ton more offensive. I think between caldwell and perry they put alot of time in this summer and they are getting worn down. same with mcdonough. the fact that they are still winning is a testament to their toughness.

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »
Caldwells mom stalked and attacked me on facebook two years ago after B12's.  I had made a post stating that the Oklahoma fans I was sitting by were being racist and calling Burroughs, "boy" during their finals match. 

They probably were only saying that because theyre racist.