Author Topic: Big 10 Pick'em  (Read 15184 times)

Offline buf87

• DI
    • View Profile
Re: Big 10 Pick'em
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »
I look at 133 and there are lots of great options below Steiber and I wasn't close to 100% sure he would beat Ramos.  I went with Graff at #3.

My #1 seed was Taylor, who I thought was the highest percentage to win. 

Tough tourney, because you have to find underseeded guys. 

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 11:58:13 AM »
While I would admit to being a bit of a homer for tOSU, I would disagree with the previous statement made by Okie!

The NCAA Most Dominant Award calculation has been led by Logan Stieber all year. - Why would you have not wanted to pick him as your #1 instead of a David Taylor or Ed Ruth.

In my estimation, Logan Stieber was most likely to pin all of his competition, except for Ramos, and thus generate the most points for your team.

Now granted, all three are NCAA champs, but I picked Logan because he had the most bonus point potential and I felt like he was a lock to repeat as champ at 133 :).

Uhh, Taylor had a much worse field?  He was the best choice based on his bonus points, so Id settle down. The match went to OT, it wasnt near the lock Taylor was.   Plus it was pretty silly to not take advantage of Dardanes at 7.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
For the No. 1 pick.....which had the best chance of being upset?  Taylor Ruth? or Steiber vs Ramos.  Ramos had the best shot at an upset and almost pulled it off.  Same with Delgado....best shot at taking down Megalion and McDuffy especially since he's buried McDuffy before. 

Delgado gets the No 1 seed in two weeks for sure.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2013, 03:36:10 PM »
Delgado does NOT get the #1 seed over an undefeated Waters who beat McD ... wait did Waters lose last weekend too?  then maybe Delgado gets a 1
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 07:06:23 AM »
I guess I didn't really understand the nature of the contest (not to be confused with "The Contest", a la Seinfeld). At any rate, Nationals coming up NEXT WEEK!!!