Author Topic:  (Read 6598 times)

crablegs

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
Quote from: "crablegs"
Thats kind of what I was thinking V.  Making the Semis 2 of three seems like a good idea to me.  Then you would have a lot better chance of the two best guys making the finals.  Then would you do the finals the next day?  Weight allowance?  That would be a grueling day to wrestle 6 possible matches just from the semis on.
yes next day and yes with a kilo allowance.
V 1 kilo allowance is not much for how much these guys cut.  I think the minimum would have to be 2.  At Vegas if you wrestle in the mini tournament you get 2 kilos for the next day.  

Also Jake only beat Lester once, because they wrestled in the semis.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by crablegs »

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »
Quote from: "Viratas"
Thats kind of what I was thinking V.  Making the Semis 2 of three seems like a good idea to me.  Then you would have a lot better chance of the two best guys making the finals.  Then would you do the finals the next day?  Weight allowance?  That would be a grueling day to wrestle 6 possible matches just from the semis on.
yes next day and yes with a kilo allowance.
V 1 kilo allowance is not much for how much these guys cut.  I think the minimum would have to be 2.  At Vegas if you wrestle in the mini tournament you get 2 kilos for the next day.  

Also Jake only beat Lester once, because they wrestled in the semis.
Oh yea my bad one Jake, but he did win, I am nto a fan of saying a guy choked so he should get the spot.

I would be fine with 2 Kilos, but I would rather see less cutting IMO.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

crablegs

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 02:02:12 PM »
I wouldn't say Lester choked either, I think Jake was the better wrestler at that weight(the cut killed Harry).  

The problem is the guys have to cut a ton because there are only 7 weights.  If there were 10 weights, I could see less cutting, but the way the weights are there is going to be a lot of weight cutting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by crablegs »

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »
I wouldn't say Lester choked either, I think Jake was the better wrestler at that weight(the cut killed Harry).  

The problem is the guys have to cut a ton because there are only 7 weights.  If there were 10 weights, I could see less cutting, but the way the weights are there is going to be a lot of weight cutting.
I did not mean he choked, I was referring to people making excuses for him.

What makes anyone think the weight would not have hurt him at the Olympics (was my point). Thus not making him our best at the weight.

I know we have less weights and would love more, but it is what it is, I say do what Jake and Lester did, Lift get stronger and go up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Touchfall

• Novice
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
I understand why the IOC cut the number of weight classes, do not agree with it but understand. I do not understand why FILA does not increase the number of classes. They should have at least 10, 12 would be better for the World Championships.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Touchfall »

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 03:10:11 PM »
Quote from: "Touchfall"
I understand why the IOC cut the number of weight classes, do not agree with it but understand. I do not understand why FILA does not increase the number of classes. They should have at least 10, 12 would be better for the World Championships.
Heck, why don't we do it here? Do it every year except for the Olympic year. It would at least encourage more guys to wrestle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Rockhard »
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ace7052

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
There should be 11 international weight classes:

And it should go back to round robin format.  Start all the weight classes on the same day at Olympics and make it a 3 or 4 day tournament - and then you would be done in the same time frame without the all-matches-in-one-day b.s.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ace7052 »