Poll

should the u.s. strike syria?

yes
4 (16.7%)
no
20 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: should the u.s. strike syria?  (Read 10210 times)

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: should the u.s. strike syria?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 11:20:52 PM »
I say if we start another war lets take out canada...lots of natural resources up there.  Im sick of their secure borders and Frenchie talk...and the fact thet can vacation in Cuba.

So long as we get Poutine out of the deal.

I support this.

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 11:23:53 PM »
I say if we start another war lets take out canada...lots of natural resources up there.  Im sick of their secure borders and Frenchie talk...and the fact thet can vacation in Cuba.

And we owe 'em a licking from 1812.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 01:35:48 AM »
So what is the proof that Assad did this?  How do we know this happened by Assad and not the rebels or Al-keda in a setup?

That is what I would like to know.  Them saying we are 90% sure it was Assad is not good enough. 

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »
So what is the proof that Assad did this?  How do we know this happened by Assad and not the rebels or Al-keda in a setup?

That is what I would like to know.  Them saying we are 90% sure it was Assad is not good enough. 

mspart

I have a nagging question. If Assad has chemical weapons where did they come from?
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »

mspart

The same way that we "knew" that Iraq had WMDs and that Saddam Hussein gassed his people years prior.

Those were two BIG "justifications" for the Iraq war.  If it worked then, it ought to work now, right?
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »

mspart

Even if you knew 100% he did it, is it an issue the U.S. needs to solve?  Should this not be an international issue?
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »

What do you mean "secure borders"?

I've got Canadian Goose poop all over my yard!

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »

mspart

Even if you knew 100% he did it, is it an issue the U.S. needs to solve?  Should this not be an international issue?

To heck with the UN!  We need to go at it alone, and we're not accountable to THEM!  This is the USA!   >:(
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 11:13:42 AM »

So, why did you support the war in Iraq?

Huh?

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »

What do you mean "secure borders"?

I've got Canadian Goose poop all over my yard!

That is what should precipitate our strike to the north....they are clearly using biological warfare on us. I dont know about you but that is certainly casting the first stone in my opinion.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 01:17:15 PM »

Huh?

I literally took the "justifications" for that war and inserted "Syria" in place of the other names.  So, assuming that you did support the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, then you couldn't possibly support those wars, based on the "justifications," while not supporting the effort in Syria. 

The perfect proof is to look at rank and file (non-politicians) democrats.  You have to look LONG AND HARD to find one who supported those wars, as well as the effort in Syria.  Perfect consistency, based on the "justifications."

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 01:18:11 PM »

Huh?

Exactly!  But Mom!!!!!!!

mspart

OK, then explain your inconsistency since January of 2009.

But MOM!!!!!

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »

Huh?

I literally took the "justifications" for that war and inserted "Syria" in place of the other names.  So, assuming that you

I stopped reading after that part.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 02:03:57 PM »

Huh?

I literally took the "justifications" for that war and inserted "Syria" in place of the other names.  So, assuming that you

I stopped reading after that part.

I'll bet that you did.  Hit a nerve, eh?

At least democrats have been consistent regarding this since 2001.    ;)