Poll

should the u.s. strike syria?

yes
4 (16.7%)
no
20 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: should the u.s. strike syria?  (Read 10664 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: should the u.s. strike syria?
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:11:46 PM by ViseGrip »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »

All well and good, but we don't have a consistency problem, do we?  Aside from a handful-if even-of democrats in Congress who supports going into Syria, good luck finding any others.

Now, compare that to country clubbers during the years 2001-2008 with today.  TOTAL flip flop.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 02:22:09 PM »

So, why did you support the war in Iraq?

Huh?

I literally took the "justifications" for that war and inserted "Syria" in place of the other names.  So, assuming that you

I stopped reading after that part.

I'll bet that you did.  Hit a nerve, eh?

At least democrats have been consistent regarding this since 2001.    ;)

Has't your mom ever told you "to assume makes an ass out of you and me"

Please try not to assume you know my opinions of matters now, let alone ten years ago. There is a good chance you may be wrong.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »

So, why did you support the war in Iraq?

Huh?

I literally took the "justifications" for that war and inserted "Syria" in place of the other names.  So, assuming that you

I stopped reading after that part.

I'll bet that you did.  Hit a nerve, eh?

At least democrats have been consistent regarding this since 2001.    ;)

Has't your mom ever told you "to assume makes an ass out of you and me"

Please try not to assume you know my opinions of matters now, let alone ten years ago. There is a good chance you may be wrong.

Well, that sounds like an easy fix to me then!  Simply state, "no, you're wrong, I didn't support the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, nor do I support this one" (I know of one person on here who can EASILY say that).  If that can't be done, then I'm pretty sure that I'm assuming nothing.  ;)
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »
No, you're wrong, I didn't support the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, nor do I support this one.

IF CRAZY ASS FOREIGNERS WANT TO WIPE THEMSELVES OUT, SO BE IT. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME. (CLEAR ENOUGH?)
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »
No, you're wrong, I didn't support the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, nor do I support this one.

IF CRAZY ASS FOREIGNERS WANT TO WIPE THEMSELVES OUT, SO BE IT. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME. (CLEAR ENOUGH?)

I don't buy it, being that you're the only country clubber who didn't support the Afghan and Iraq wars, but, fair enough.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 03:59:01 PM »
And I don't buy that you are not a card carrying member of NAMBLA. But I guess it's ok for me to assume something about you, even though I really don't know anything about you.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »
And I don't buy that you are not a card carrying member of NAMBLA. But I guess it's ok for me to assume something about you, even though I really don't know anything about you.

Two straight days having NAMBLA on your mind, eh?

OK... ???

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 04:09:19 PM »
Nice deflection. Dikembe has nothing on you.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
Nice deflection. Dikembe has nothing on you.

Deflection, or a disturbing but true observation?   :-\

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
On the lighter side, I actually had to do a Bing search for Dikembe to see what that referred to.

Glad to see that my ban on the major pro sports is paying off for me!   ;)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2013, 11:54:06 AM »

Yes, but it was Japan attacking the US.  In what we are contemplating we are going to strike Syria and Iran is doing the saber rattling.  That is a different thing altogether. 

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »

Yes, but it was Japan attacking the US.  In what we are contemplating we are going to strike Syria and Iran is doing the saber rattling.  That is a different thing altogether. 

mspart

It wasnt a commentary so much about Syria and Iran as it was Obama and Kerry' ridiculousness contention that they werent starting a war because there would be "no boots on the ground".

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2013, 02:50:50 PM »

mspart

It wasnt a commentary so much about Syria and Iran as it was Obama and Kerry' ridiculousness contention that they werent starting a war because there would be "no boots on the ground".

Reads to me like you're rooting for Syria.

So much for the old slogan during the years 2001-2008, "you're either with us, or you're with the terrorists."