Author Topic: TOM Preseason Rankings  (Read 15681 times)

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: TOM Preseason Rankings
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
Right now I am just trying to conceive of a world that Stieber doesn't win a national title this year. Along with Maple and Ruth he is almost a Grade A lock to win outside of pulling a McD.

Crap, I just realized I haven't made my playlist for my radio show tonight.

You just going to leave that out there and not tell us how to listen?
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »
Solid rankings so far guys.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »
No love for Rutgers.  :-\ :-\

Offline coachc133

• Bantam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »
If Stienhouse wrestles this year. he will finish 2nd.  He had 1 bad tournament ever.  dude has been the most consistent wrestler for the last 2 year going in to the NCAA.  he couldn't beat bosak or ruth but thats it till NCAA last year. dude finished 5th in the NCAA 2 years ago. losing only to hamlin and bosak.last year bosak and ruth thats it going in to NCAA's. no way he finishes 5th this year if he wrestles. BTW he beat lofthouse the month before.

Lofthouse had the tournament of his life and finished 5th. you think that is going to happen again? these rankings mean the season ment nothing and 1 tournament does not make a season.

if he doesn't wrestle and gets a med exempt. dude wins a national title next year.

name me a wrestler at this weight that decisions ed ruth.  you cant. he lost 5-3 last year.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
If Stienhouse wrestles this year. he will finish 2nd.  He had 1 bad tournament ever.  dude has been the most consistent wrestler for the last 2 year going in to the NCAA.  he couldn't beat bosak or ruth but thats it till NCAA last year. dude finished 5th in the NCAA 2 years ago. losing only to hamlin and bosak.last year bosak and ruth thats it going in to NCAA's. no way he finishes 5th this year if he wrestles. BTW he beat lofthouse the month before.

Lofthouse had the tournament of his life and finished 5th. you think that is going to happen again? these rankings mean the season ment nothing and 1 tournament does not make a season.

if he doesn't wrestle and gets a med exempt. dude wins a national title next year.

name me a wrestler at this weight that decisions ed ruth.  you cant. he lost 5-3 last year.

Pull back the reigns sir.  I don't think anyone here is predicting EL to suddenly dominate Stienhaus.  These are preseason rankings the number 1 criteria of which is returning AA/finish last year.  Everyone involved is very aware of his record over his career and, I'd bet, the person who put them together cried a little when he had to rank him there. 

Appreciate your opinion and please keep posting, just know that these are NOT predictions for March, they are preseason rankings.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline BigTenFan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »
Steinhaus is a SR.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »
Right now I am just trying to conceive of a world that Stieber doesn't win a national title this year. Along with Maple and Ruth he is almost a Grade A lock to win outside of pulling a McD.

Crap, I just realized I haven't made my playlist for my radio show tonight.

You just going to leave that out there and not tell us how to listen?

My show runs from Midnight to 2 am EST so I figured most of y'all had better things to do. But if you want you can tune in to Wake up Rock out by going on to WJCU.org (not .com!) and clicking on one our livestreams (AAC is supposed to be the best but I don't like it, WJCU2 will be off air). Tonight I will be hitting the 40-50somethings among us right in the teenage sexual fantasies with some Bangles and some Runaways among many other great songs.

I might even find an excuse to talk about wrestling on air
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 12:23:50 AM »
Tournament points based on these rankings:

1. Iowa, 95
2. Minnesota, 93
3. Penn State, 86
4. Oklahoma State, 82
5. Oklahoma, 66.5
6. Oregon State, 49.5
7. Edinboro, 38.5
8. Nebraska, 34.5
9t. Iowa State, 33
9t. Ohio State, 33

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 12:30:14 AM »

1. Iowa, 95
2. Minnesota, 93
3. Penn State, 86
4. Oklahoma State, 82
5. Oklahoma, 66.5
6. Oregon State, 49.5
7. Edinboro, 38.5
8. Nebraska, 34.5
9t. Iowa State, 33
9t. Ohio State, 33

How many people would actually consider Iowa the favorites going into this season? As long as they have bonus point monsters Ed Ruth and David Taylor it would take a handful of decent upsets for them to lose the title. But of course I also don't believe St. John is going to win the national title this year which lowers Iowa in my eyes.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »

1. Iowa, 95
2. Minnesota, 93
3. Penn State, 86
4. Oklahoma State, 82
5. Oklahoma, 66.5
6. Oregon State, 49.5
7. Edinboro, 38.5
8. Nebraska, 34.5
9t. Iowa State, 33
9t. Ohio State, 33

How many people would actually consider Iowa the favorites going into this season? As long as they have bonus point monsters Ed Ruth and David Taylor it would take a handful of decent upsets for them to lose the title. But of course I also don't believe St. John is going to win the national title this year which lowers Iowa in my eyes.

I agree on the bonus points, but with that said losing Q points from the past two years is a big deal. The key to a title for PSU is the Altons IMO. How they do may vary well determine how PSU does.
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 09:33:53 AM »
can you believe they have Burak ahead of McIntosh!?!?!?!?

Yep, he's going to be a monster.  :)
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »
When was the last time Oregon State had three guys ranked in the top three at the same time? Been awhile.

Nice, eh??
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »

1. Iowa, 95
2. Minnesota, 93
3. Penn State, 86
4. Oklahoma State, 82
5. Oklahoma, 66.5
6. Oregon State, 49.5
7. Edinboro, 38.5
8. Nebraska, 34.5
9t. Iowa State, 33
9t. Ohio State, 33

I agree on the bonus points, but with that said losing Q points from the past two years is a big deal. The key to a title for PSU is the Altons IMO. How they do may vary well determine how PSU does.

I completely agree and I'd throw in Mcintosh.  Those 3 could put the team title out of sight or make this a dog fight depending on their performance.  I fully expect Dylan Alton to rebound and be on the podium at least.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »
The key to a title for PSU is the Altons IMO. How they do may vary well determine how PSU does.

Say good night, PSU.
Tax the churches.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
Pull back the reigns sir.

Rein in your keyboard, Fuhr.
Tax the churches.