Author Topic: Bedlam predictions  (Read 10674 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Bedlam predictions
« on: November 19, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
125 Patterson v Klimara          Patterson decision
133 Brewer v Morrison
141 Lester v Fiekert                Lester dec
149 Maple v Kindig                  Maple dec
157 DeAngelis v Dieringer      Dieringer major
165 Glass v Caldwell             Caldwell major
174 Howe v Perry                  Howe dec
184 Chaid v Boyd
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Bedlam predictions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »
125 Patterson v Klimara          Patterson decision
133 Brewer v Morrison
184 Chaid v Boyd

Opps hit the send key..
125 Patterson v Klimara          Patterson major
133 Brewer v Morrison           Brewer dec
184 Chaid v Boyd                   Boyd dec
197 Rutt v Rosholt                  Rutt dec
285 Larson v Marsden           Marsden dec

OU 19 OSU 14
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
Last year....

No. 8 Jon Morrison (OSU) dec. No. 10 Cody Brewer (OU), 9-4

No. 1 Jon Morrison (OSU) dec. No. 2 Cody Brewer (OU), 6-2
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:38:47 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Kindig beats Maple.
We are the storm.

Offline ramrodsooner

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »
I'll give it a go...

125 Patterson dec
133 Morrison dec (excited to see this one).
141 Lester dec
149 Maple major
157 Dieringer major
165 Caldwell dec
174 Howe dec
184 Boyd? Dec
197 Rutt dec
HWT Mardson dec

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »
Last year....

No. 8 Jon Morrison (OSU) dec. No. 10 Cody Brewer (OU), 9-4

No. 1 Jon Morrison (OSU) dec. No. 2 Cody Brewer (OU), 6-2

Oh I know he won last year, but Brewer is not a frosh anymore.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:53:02 PM »
Vise....it is clear you aren't a fan of Rutt at 197...why do you think he is there?  Could he make 184 easily?  I haven't seen a match of his this year just some pre-season video footage.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 12:03:16 AM »
First off I will be shocked if Smith puts Feikert in again, expect Case to wrestle

125- Patterson dec Klimara

Could be a major here if Eddie doesn't come to wrestle

133- Morrison dec Brewer

Morrison isn't an underachiever anymore either

141- Lester dec Garrison

Give me Collica or give me death!

149- Maple dec Kindig

If Kindig wins this then we should retroactively remove Maple's title

157- Dieringer fall DeAngelis

No slight to the Sooner here, Dieringer is an undercover pinner and the only guy on the team I can stand watching right now

165- Caldwell dec Glass

Caldwell doesn't have enough hustle for the major

174- Howe dec Perry

No question in my mind

184- Boyd dec Chaid

Boyd has been looking good, his spot to lose

197- Rutt mdec Rosholt

This is my kind of out there result, I'm just pissed at how bad Rosholt looked against Bucknell. Rutt should cut to 184 though, he won't win 197 which would be the only reason to stay up

285- Marsden dec Larson

Marsden has looked good so far

Final

18 - 15

Gonna be a good and close match, I can see it either way but I fear for my father's mental health if the Cowboys lost. When JO got screwed (don't bother arguing with me) my dad walked out of the house and didn't come back until the 197 match, pretty sure he burned through a whole pack.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 12:18:03 AM »
125 - Patterson has shown enough in the early season to make me think an upset here is very unlikely.  That said, Klimara is decent and Patterson doesn't score that much against decent competition.  Patterson by dec, 3-0 Sooners.
133 - I still don't see any reason Brewer beats Morrison, but there is always a chance when two guys of this caliber get together.  Morrison by dec, 3-3.
141 - It might be Garrison instead of Feikert depending on how this weekend goes, but unless its Collica (and I don't expect that for this round of Bedlam) Lester by dec. 6-3 Sooners.
149 - A really good test for both of these guys.  Maple hasn't looked good and Kindig hasn't had a chance to prove anything.  I'll be interested to see it, but Kindig has dissapointed me too many times.  Maple by dec, 9-3 Sooners
157 - Dieringer is such a beast.  Dieringer by major, 9-7 Sooners.
165 - Caldwell is going to do everything he can to not give his opponent an opening.  I think Glass is decent enough to keep the score down against someone like that.  Caldwell by dec, 10-9 Cowboys.
174 - I have no idea.  I'll go with popular opinion here.  Howe by dec, 12-10 Sooners.
184 - I will feel more confident here if Boyd runs the table again this weekend.  Still any of the freshman triumvirate could be good.  Boyd by dec, 13-12 Cowboys.
197 - Rosholt looks like he hasn't learned anything from last year (and we can't blame his passivity and conditioning on an injury any more as far as I know).  This could get ugly if Rutt pushes it early.  Rutt by major, 16-13 Sooners.
285 - This match got interesting when both beat Stolfi.  I kind of expected Marsden to do so, but Larson looked good as well.  I'll take Marsden, but with the dual on the line, this will be a good one.  Marsden by dec, 16-16

This dual always has one crazy result that no one sees coming.  Combine that with so many matches that could flip (I've got 133, 141, 174, 184, and 285 with 197 and 149 close behind in the not too surprising of an upset category) and this will be a fun one to watch!

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 01:03:03 AM »
125 - Patterson has shown enough in the early season to make me think an upset here is very unlikely.  That said, Klimara is decent and Patterson doesn't score that much against decent competition.  Patterson by dec, 3-0 Sooners.
133 - I still don't see any reason Brewer beats Morrison, but there is always a chance when two guys of this caliber get together.  Morrison by dec, 3-3.
141 - It might be Garrison instead of Feikert depending on how this weekend goes, but unless its Collica (and I don't expect that for this round of Bedlam) Lester by dec. 6-3 Sooners.
149 - A really good test for both of these guys.  Maple hasn't looked good and Kindig hasn't had a chance to prove anything.  I'll be interested to see it, but Kindig has dissapointed me too many times.  Maple by dec, 9-3 Sooners
165 - Caldwell is going to do everything he can to not give his opponent an opening.  I think Glass is decent enough to keep the score down against someone like that.  Caldwell by dec, 10-9 Cowboys.
174 - I have no idea.  I'll go with popular opinion here.  Howe by dec, 12-10 Sooners.
184 - I will feel more confident here if Boyd runs the table again this weekend.  Still any of the freshman triumvirate could be good.  Boyd by dec, 13-12 Cowboys.
197 - Rosholt looks like he hasn't learned anything from last year (and we can't blame his passivity and conditioning on an injury any more as far as I know).  This could get ugly if Rutt pushes it early.  Rutt by major, 16-13 Sooners.
285 - This match got interesting when both beat Stolfi.  I kind of expected Marsden to do so, but Larson looked good as well.  I'll take Marsden, but with the dual on the line, this will be a good one.  Marsden by dec, 16-16

This dual always has one crazy result that no one sees coming.  Combine that with so many matches that could flip (I've got 133, 141, 174, 184, and 285 with 197 and 149 close behind in the not too surprising of an upset category) and this will be a fun one to watch!

Id rather see this dual start out at 184 and let the BIG DOGS settle it!

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 01:10:29 AM »
Vise....it is clear you aren't a fan of Rutt at 197...why do you think he is there?  Could he make 184 easily?  I haven't seen a match of his this year just some pre-season video footage.
He could make 174.  He's stocky and a bit fat. He doesnt look to me to have the strength to over come the length of most 197lbers. I think hes up at 197 because they see this as a weak weight where he could sneak in with a title. I dont see it.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 01:11:41 AM »
I feel a lot better about OU not giving up bonus points at 184 and 285 than I did two weeks ago.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »
He could make 174.  He's stocky and a bit fat. He doesnt look to me to have the strength to over come the length of most 197lbers. I think hes up at 197 because they see this as a weak weight where he could sneak in with a title. I dont see it.

I saw that in my "travis rutt" thread....he looked very similar in size to Andrew in the practice room video I saw......if that is indeed the case I would love to see him drop to 184....as I mentioned in the abovementioned thread he has beat a laundry list of top talent at lower weights in the past. 

I'm not really familiar with the team.....what are the ramifications if he drops to 84....does it leave a gap at 197? Does it displace potential AA's at 84?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:48 AM »

Id rather see this dual start out at 184 and let the BIG DOGS settle it!

That would be wild!  I'm all for that too!  Make it so!

Offline soonerprill

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »
Bedlam Breakdown:
125 Patterson dec Klimara. Klimara is tough, this will be a close match. No chance in bonus points here. 3-0
133 Brewer dec Morrison. This one could go either way, however, I think Brewer gets him this year and finishes a lot higher at Nationals than what everyone thinks. 6-0
141 Lester dec Fiekert/Garrison. Lester should win this one, but who knows with him. He's looked completely out of shape. 9-0
149 Maple dec Kindig. 4 or 5 point match here. 12-0
157 Dieringer majors DeAngelis. DeAngelis has looked great, but Dieringer is your National Champ this year. 12-4
165 Caldwell dec Glass. Caldwell is great, but I don't think he will be offsensive enough to Major Glass. 12-7
174 Howe dec Perry. This will be a close 1 point match 15-7
184 Boyd majors Chaid. This will be OSU's best chance at getting bonus points.. Maybe even pick up a fall. 15-11
197 Rutt dec Rosholt. Close match. Don't think Rosholt has the heart/gas tank. 18-11
285 Marsden dec Larson. close match. Marsden has more experience though. 18-14 OU