Author Topic: Bedlam predictions  (Read 10596 times)

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Bedlam predictions
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
Maple looked bad, didn't do anything the whole match. 

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
I called it on Larson
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »
I called it on Larson

Yes I have pointed that out twice tonight.  GREAT call. Now if you had picked the Maple upset Id REALLY be impressed. (Right now I wouldnt have him ranked above about 5)
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2013, 09:41:57 PM »
KINDIG OVER MAPLE!!!!!

KINDIG GETS THE TAKEDOWN WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT TO WIN 4-3!

Does anyone still doubt Houdashelt is THE man at 149 now?

Moving forward he's probably the favorite.  149 is bananas.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »
Big Apple over at da mat said it is still a possibility for maple to drop to 141.....I don't think the weight is his problem.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »
Big Apple over at da mat said it is still a possibility for maple to drop to 141.....I don't think the weight is his problem.
The weight ISNT the problem... the problem is his HEAD.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2013, 10:36:32 PM »
To the guys who think HWT should be eliminated because of the stalling...I suggest you watch Patterson from OU. Good God what a dull wrestler.

I was happy OU won an exciting dual, but very disappointed at Maple. That kid might not even AA this year if he doesn't pull his head out.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2013, 10:36:58 PM »
Marsden looked like crap, btw.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2013, 10:46:15 PM »
his shots were atrocious.....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:30 AM »
Well this was a dissapointing result to wake up to (and the basketball team got beat too...shit weekend for OSU). 

125 - We got what we expected here.  Klimara is still a R16/R12 type of guy and isn't ready to challenge AA type guys.

133 - I don't want to hear anyone picking Brewer over Morrison until he actually comes close to beating him at least once.  Another decisive win for Jon.

141 - The RS is off and it was obviously the best choice for this year.  I'm glad Collica got the win, but Lester hasn't been the same since his AA finish years ago.  If Collica continues to progress he could be on the stand by the end of the year.

149 - Well then.  This weight continues to throw up results that make us all scratch our heads.  Maybe Houdashelt is suddenly a "once in a generation" wrestler like DT and Ruth (and Dake, and Steiber, and...).  Maybe Maple is hurt or something.  Maybe Kindig is finally fulfilling his promise.  I really have no idea.

157 - Dieringer is awesome.  Could have used a major here though.

165 - Caldwell may be boring but he wins.  Again, could have used a major.

174 - Pretty much what I expected. 

184 - This is the big dissapointment for me.  No disrespect intended to Chaid, but if none of our 184s can beat him then we're much worse off than we expected to be coming into the year.  Someone needs to step up and take control of this weight for the Cowboys.

197 - I called the major too.  Rosholt is just not good right now.

HWT - I should know better than to listen to the people on the ostate board when they talk about how our wrestlers look in practice.  I got suckered in with Marsden because he had some previous success and the rankings were high on him too.  Larson could be a huge boon to Oklahoma's hopes of getting a team trophy this year.

Overall it is dissapointing, but both teams have reasons to be happy (and dissapointed) coming out of this dual.  The rematch in Stillwater will be interesting.  The Cowboys are just not a realistic contender for the title right now (and neither are the Sooners), but its a long season.

Vise, hit me with whatever sig you like.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »
Well this was a dissapointing result to wake up to (and the basketball team got beat too...shit weekend for OSU). 

125 - We got what we expected here.  Klimara is still a R16/R12 type of guy and isn't ready to challenge AA type guys.

133 - I don't want to hear anyone picking Brewer over Morrison until he actually comes close to beating him at least once.  Another decisive win for Jon.

141 - The RS is off and it was obviously the best choice for this year.  I'm glad Collica got the win, but Lester hasn't been the same since his AA finish years ago.  If Collica continues to progress he could be on the stand by the end of the year.

149 - Well then.  This weight continues to throw up results that make us all scratch our heads.  Maybe Houdashelt is suddenly a "once in a generation" wrestler like DT and Ruth (and Dake, and Steiber, and...).  Maybe Maple is hurt or something.  Maybe Kindig is finally fulfilling his promise.  I really have no idea.

157 - Dieringer is awesome.  Could have used a major here though.

165 - Caldwell may be boring but he wins.  Again, could have used a major.

174 - Pretty much what I expected. 

184 - This is the big dissapointment for me.  No disrespect intended to Chaid, but if none of our 184s can beat him then we're much worse off than we expected to be coming into the year.  Someone needs to step up and take control of this weight for the Cowboys.

197 - I called the major too.  Rosholt is just not good right now.

HWT - I should know better than to listen to the people on the ostate board when they talk about how our wrestlers look in practice.  I got suckered in with Marsden because he had some previous success and the rankings were high on him too.  Larson could be a huge boon to Oklahoma's hopes of getting a team trophy this year.

Overall it is dissapointing, but both teams have reasons to be happy (and dissapointed) coming out of this dual.  The rematch in Stillwater will be interesting.  The Cowboys are just not a realistic contender for the title right now (and neither are the Sooners), but its a long season.

Vise, hit me with whatever sig you like.
Remember when I said earlier in the year that I thought the difference in this dual would be OSU getting bonus at 184 & 285? You can add that to my misplaced confidence in Brewer.

I dont disagree with much of what you say here... but Justin DeAngelis fought like a lion to not get majored and I thought Caldwell made a huge error not trying to turn Glass. As you know, in a dual not getting majored is sometimes huge for the team, both those guys deserve credit for not getting majored.

When Morrison won I was already wondering what my new sig line would be.... then Lester affirmed my very low opinion of his character as a wrestler and then when Maple layed an egg I was sure you would have been laughing your ass off if you had been there.

It was a great crowd by the way.... the old Field House was sold out and there were still a couple of hundred waiting to get in. It looked like it was about 60-40 on OU's side but OSU was every bit as loud, especially when Kindig won.

Your new sig line can be found in another thread.