Author Topic: UNI 19 - OU - 17!  (Read 12060 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: UNI 19 - OU - 17!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
I have it on good authority that Ryan Loder's season was over a few weeks ago.  Please help me out here Jammen.  Tell them about the season ending injury.

My goal is to make you rethink your ranking rational.  Loder was 3-0, injured, and had not wrestled in a month and a half yet you have him at a lofty 5th based entirely upon his 7th place finish last year.  I think rankings should be based upon current results not expectations.

When I do my rankings, I start with last seasons results and slowly adjust based on this season, even if they haven't met head to head.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »
Riding Peters in the 2nd had legs in.  Peters was working to try and slid out the back door getting his right arm under Patterson knee.  Didn't look like it should have been stopped by any means but Patterson knew immediately and bailed out calling for INJ time.  Peters got the escape and choice and honestly I didnt' know if Patterson would continue.  He did, Peters took down and reversed him almost immediately.  Patterson couldn't ride or come up and honestly limped heavily even walking back to center. 

Not saying Peters couldnt' have won without the injury but I am saying the injury definitely played a role in today's match.

I think Patterson had the match under control until the injury. Too bad because OU would have won the dual with his win. Hope he's okay, it would be crushing for OU to lose Patterson.

Had the match under control? You MUSTA been watching a different match. I was there... He NO WAY had that match under control. Neither wrestler was close to a td. I told my son right before the injury, that these two were headed for OT.  Under control??? REALLY? Take off your red sunglasses.

THis 100%.  That match was FAR from over when the injury occurred. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »
I have it on good authority that Ryan Loder's season was over a few weeks ago.  Please help me out here Jammen.  Tell them about the season ending injury.

My goal is to make you rethink your ranking rational.  Loder was 3-0, injured, and had not wrestled in a month and a half yet you have him at a lofty 5th based entirely upon his 7th place finish last year.  I think rankings should be based upon current results not expectations.

When I do my rankings, I start with last seasons results and slowly adjust based on this season, even if they haven't met head to head.

I throw out last season's results and all of the current season's results for matches that took place more than 4 days ago.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »
What I thought was weird was right after Pattersons injury he threw that same leg back in and Peters got out the same way he was on his way to before the injury.  I would have thought he would have tried to do something else with his knee being injured the way it was.  Maybe it was just instinct...idk.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
What I thought was weird was right after Pattersons injury he threw that same leg back in and Peters got out the same way he was on his way to before the injury.  I would have thought he would have tried to do something else with his knee being injured the way it was.  Maybe it was just instinct...idk.

That's what Jack Spates said....that it was force of habit for Patterson to ride like that.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »
Riding Peters in the 2nd had legs in.  Peters was working to try and slid out the back door getting his right arm under Patterson knee.  Didn't look like it should have been stopped by any means but Patterson knew immediately and bailed out calling for INJ time.  Peters got the escape and choice and honestly I didnt' know if Patterson would continue.  He did, Peters took down and reversed him almost immediately.  Patterson couldn't ride or come up and honestly limped heavily even walking back to center. 

Not saying Peters couldnt' have won without the injury but I am saying the injury definitely played a role in today's match.

I think Patterson had the match under control until the injury. Too bad because OU would have won the dual with his win. Hope he's okay, it would be crushing for OU to lose Patterson.

Had the match under control? You MUSTA been watching a different match. I was there... He NO WAY had that match under control. Neither wrestler was close to a td. I told my son right before the injury, that these two were headed for OT.  Under control??? REALLY? Take off your red sunglasses.

The match was far from over (well technically it was one period from being over) but Patterson was smothering his opponent. I wasn't there, but I was watching on TV. It was going to be a typical 2-0 or 3-0 type Patterson win.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »

So you think by fabricating stories about wrestlers seasons being over will change my rationale?   Your rationale behind changing others rationale seems warped.
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »

The match was far from over (well technically it was one period from being over) but Patterson was smothering his opponent. I wasn't there, but I was watching on TV. It was going to be a typical 2-0 or 3-0 type Patterson win.

Smothering, it was 0-0 and he hadn't ridden for a full minute yet, but yeah smothering.  Just as smothering as Jensen was vs. DeJulius when they stopped that match and called it over, right?
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Kingk0ng

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
Twice.... it's DeAngelis...Dijulius wrestles for the Buckeye's or is this another of those Stiebibler deals?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »

Smothering? WTF? Your bias is clouding your analysis. Try some objectivity.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 09:41:44 PM »
Twice.... it's DeAngelis...Dijulius wrestles for the Buckeye's or is this another of those Stiebibler deals?

that's what I said. DiAnJulius

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 09:57:12 PM »

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »
He was no where near "smothering" him.  In fact Peters was well on his way to an escape.  He probably would have gotten it even if the inj time out had not happened.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
He was no where near "smothering" him.  In fact Peters was well on his way to an escape.  He probably would have gotten it even if the inj time out had not happened.

As a card carrying member of the UNI Faithful 100, your opinions are filled with bias I'm afraid. 
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »

You sir, get me.