Author Topic: UNI 19 - OU - 17!  (Read 12020 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: UNI 19 - OU - 17!
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
Yeah nothing like having the editor of your site constantly call everyone elses rankings garbage, then talk shit constantly on twitter. Because that's what professionals do.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline vaisforlovers

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »
Yeah nothing like having the editor of your site constantly call everyone elses rankings garbage, then talk shit constantly on twitter. Because that's what professionals do.

Lol, leave it to you guys to get this to escalate into the personal.  Thought we could potentially discuss here.

Later guys. 
To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 11:08:28 PM »
... maybe we need a disclaimer that says opinions of those critical of anyone are the opinions of the poster and not the website that facilitates a forum where posters posts such stuff.

I disagree with Rock just as much as anyone, but that's his comment and not "you guys" in reference to this entire site. Last time I checked, you too were a registered user here right, and before your current media situation, which makes your post just as much "you guys" as anyone else.

As for #1 guys losing, I again bring you to Alabama.

From 2011- Nov. 30, 2013, Alabama was 36-2 and had won two straight BCS national championships. The flukish ending loss to Auburn ended a 15-game win streak.

They didn't stay #1.

In every collegiate sport where computerized rankings are not used, when #1 gets beat, they almost always drop. There are RARE exceptions, but that might happen once a season.

Or how about this ... since Alabama had two losses and maybe that's considered a pattern.

From 1990-1993, Old Dominion's field hockey team won 66 straight games, an NCAA record that still stands. They won the 1990, 1991 and 1992 NCAA Division I championship. In 1992, they outscored their opponents 163-4 ... for the entire year. That's like not giving up a takedown the entire season and allowing like one escape. Then they lost a game in 1993 ... they weren't ranked #1 after that loss, despite their three year dominance.

Yes, they're team sports, but I think the comparison is relevant. The only way #1 stays after a loss is if 2, 3 and 4 lose (or something to that effect), or someone skips a match against a ranked opponent (like we did with DiJulius).

</end tangent>

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:21 PM »

Lol, leave it to you guys to get this to escalate into the personal.  Thought we could potentially discuss here.

Later guys.

I believe we were.  Just because you don't like one posters response, don't lump. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 11:27:09 PM »

Later guys.

Guess you don't follow your bosses twitter rants about how everyone else is inferior to him. I speak for myself when I say, when you call someone out for saying something that you feel is derogatory towards your rankings, you only need to look at what your boss says weekly about everyone else.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
I guess I'm curious as to who was the one who threw it out there that Loder was done for the year.  I will admit that I was surprised to see him wrestling already last night, but the plan has always been for him to come back as healthy as possible.

That hyperbole may have been me.   But Vais is being disingenuous when he focuses on that line and omits the rest.  As I have said I was trying to get Vais to address the fact that Loder was highly ranked yet had not competed for a month and a half.  Here is everything I posted:

"Earl is the only one to get this weight right.  Steiny should be #2.  Loder's 7th place AA last year should not override his meager record so far. "

"Loder out for season after hip surgury, still ranked 5th.
Take Loder out until he starts competing again.  He has a 3-0 record against unranked opposition:
Ryan Loder Dec Kurtis Julson (North Dakota State)  4-3TB, 
Ryan Loder Dec Dylan Iczkowski (Wisconsin)  1-0
"

"Loder's season is over yet he stay's in the rankings?
He hasn't wrestled since 11-30 and his 3-0 record doesn't justify keeping him in the rankings.  While his coaches say they are encouraged by his progress they give no time frame on his return."

As you can see I say "Take Loder out until he starts competing again" and "While his coaches say they are encouraged by his progress they give no time frame on his return."   
Vais knows the discussion was focused on his ranking policy yet he deflects to a strawman argument.
Tax the churches.

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:15 AM »
Jammen, why don't you just use a different set of rankings if you don't like his?  There are many out there and it would reduce the stress in your life tenfold.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »
Ron, no stress at all.  We enjoy the bantering.
Tax the churches.

Offline soonerprill

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
During the broadcast, when Spates was talking about Patterson's injury, I believe he mentioned they had a 125 lb transfer that "wasn't exactly ready to wrestle".. Does anybody recall hearing this? Who is this transfer? If this is in fact what Spates said..

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »
During the broadcast, when Spates was talking about Patterson's injury, I believe he mentioned they had a 125 lb transfer that "wasn't exactly ready to wrestle".. Does anybody recall hearing this? Who is this transfer? If this is in fact what Spates said..

I remember something about a backup 125 guy not being ready, but I don't remember Spates saying he was a transfer. . NWCA only lists 2 guys at 125 for OU, Patterson and Sean Williams. But Williams is a FR so that rules out him being a transfer.

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcaonline/results/ColScorebook/TeamInfo.aspx?SchoolYear=2014&ID=30074
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
Maybe Kyle Garcia can pull down to 125 for OU.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline GranbyTroll

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
Twice.... it's DeAngelis...Dijulius wrestles for the Buckeye's or is this another of those Stiebibler deals?

Streebler*