Author Topic: Biggest Upset  (Read 19497 times)

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Upset
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »
Brian Murphy over Dylan Alton

Considering the shelling that Alton took from nobodies at the Big 10's, isn't that a given?
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 08:38:02 AM »
Speaking of upsets, have there been any withdrawals from the tourney?  Injuries typically take a wrestler or two out of contention before the competition begins and they are replaced with the next man in.  I hadn't heard any examples of that this year.
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »
Morrison over Colon
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 10:30:45 AM »
Morrison over Colon

He is one that has me worried.  As big as Morrison looks to be for a 133 pounder, I'm not so sure that Colon will be able to bully him.

Incidentally, why doesn't Morrison realize how much bigger and stronger he is than my buddy Ramos and just bully him into a beating?  That baffles me how he lets my buddy just dictate everything to him and if he just bullied him, he'd beat him like Colon did.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »
Ramos doesn't struggle with bullies.  he struggles with guys who can be patient and capitalize on bad shots or his aggression. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 10:36:32 AM »
Ramos doesn't struggle with bullies.  he struggles with guys who can be patient and capitalize on bad shots or his aggression.

That must explain why Colon threw him around like a rag doll, eh? 

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »
My buddy Ramos isn't the biggest of 133 pounders, if you haven't noticed.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
Ramos is in Morrison's head.  I'm not suggesting that Ramos isn't better anyway, that may still be the case, but the memories of the matches before this year where Ramos was easily the better wrestler are still there.  It is hard to beat someone who you never have (especially when they've beaten you many times).  I'm happy that the draw is Graff/Colon instead of Schopp/Ramos.  That said, any of those 4 will be tough.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »
Ramos is in Morrison's head.  I'm not suggesting that Ramos isn't better anyway, that may still be the case, but the memories of the matches before this year where Ramos was easily the better wrestler are still there.  It is hard to beat someone who you never have (especially when they've beaten you many times).  I'm happy that the draw is Graff/Colon instead of Schopp/Ramos.  That said, any of those 4 will be tough.

That's the only thing that I can figure, because if he wanted to, he could just go out and manhandle that clown and have his way with him.

Maddening!

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 10:49:48 AM »

I was LIVE at the Midlands.  Watch the match again.  Colon kept a low hand down stance and stopped a bad shot by Ramos for the first takedown.  the second takedown was an Even worse shot which was the product of Ramos losing his cool and getting overly agressive.  Colon did a great job of getting under the arms and taking him right over.  Ramos looked like an albatross coming in for a landing on that shot.  in fact right before it happened I remarked to Andy to watch Ramos take another bad shot. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline 1stplace

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »

That's the only thing that I can figure, because if he wanted to, he could just go out and manhandle that clown and have his way with him.

Maddening!

If anyone has proven to be the clown over the years it's your boy Colon. Grad A citizen right there

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »

I got Morrison losing in the finals to Ramos
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline kingpeezy

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 12:23:06 PM »
Hey, look at that, Ban is tossing out personal insults again. This time it's not at a poster but a wrestler instead. Who would've thunk it?

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

I was LIVE at the Midlands.  Watch the match again.  Colon kept a low hand down stance and stopped a bad shot by Ramos for the first takedown.  the second takedown was an Even worse shot which was the product of Ramos losing his cool and getting overly agressive.  Colon did a great job of getting under the arms and taking him right over.  Ramos looked like an albatross coming in for a landing on that shot.  in fact right before it happened I remarked to Andy to watch Ramos take another bad shot.

Yes, and I watched it LIVE from Midlands.  I can tell you this, my man:  you're the ONLY ONE who didn't see my buddy Ramos get manhandled.

I've read some spin in my day, but, my goodness, this takes all. 

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »

Maddening!

If anyone has proven to be the clown over the years it's your boy Colon. Grad A citizen right there

Have any examples?  Please provide them, as it will show you how ignorant you are.

Let's hear it.