Poll

Under current lock down circumstances, how do you describe your activity on hereere

No change
14 (63.6%)
I come on here more frequently
1 (4.5%)
I am patient and am certain things will soon return to normal
4 (18.2%)
I see myself coming on here much less often
2 (9.1%)
I'm totally bored and will move to another discussion forum
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 09, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

Author Topic: Current lock down and possible elimination of "general" board  (Read 11748 times)

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Maybe this will help in the decision making
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Current lock down and possible elimination of "general" board
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:20:19 PM »
no change and I enjoy the less acrimonious nature of the board without it. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:05:08 PM »
No change.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
Chicks still dig me. No change. (OK it's not "chicks"....per se....(never was a stud,  read way too much from a young age, was into Star Trek before it was kool, Live long and prosper...the neck pinch does not work....Trust Me on this) it's The Bride...she's kool wit me though....Truth be told, I'm a bit of a geek (quite a bit actually), actually, quite a bit of a geek, don't tell anyone as I got this online persona to keep up, I'm trustin' you giuys. I hope this is an alcohol fuel dream an I really didn't write this embarrassing revelation on the intraweb) (though it would explain the excessive use of brackets to indicate literary asides).
The Seeking For One Thing Will Find Another - Irish Proverb

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
I see myself coming on here about only 10% a much as I did before.  The rules needed to be enforced from the get-go and they were not.  Elimination of a couple bad apples (rules violators) would have prevented the environment from being bad (it was actually bad from the beginning - I didn't see any escalation of venom; but, then again, I had several on "ignore").  I got a lot of good out of the debates and discussions from the civil posters.  I used this forum to keep me updated on what was happening in our world.  I am very disappointed in the discontinuation of the 2 sections.  I would appreciate a re-instatement of the 2 sections.  I have even offered my services as a moderator.  I like the 3 strike rule unless the poster is "over the top".

I will greatly miss the regular interaction with many of you posters.  You became like family to me and have gained a tremendous amount of my appreciation (most of you, that is :)  The appropriate debates and discussions were very entertaining to me.  Ya'll take care.  I'll pop in from time to time.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
No change and I see one of the worst violators still does not recognize himself as a violator.

Sad to see someone so completely in the throws of denial. 
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 12:30:15 PM »
No change and I see one of the worst violators still does not recognize himself as a violator.

I have a challenge for you.

In your posts for the next 48 hours do not talk about another forum member. Continue to address posts TO them, but not ABOUT them.

What do you say?

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »

In your posts for the next 48 hours do not talk about another forum member. Continue to address posts TO them, but not ABOUT them.

What do you say?

What would the point be? 

Have I done anything recently that was in anyway a violation?  The correct answer is no.  Thank you very much steve.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »

What do you say?

That's pretty funny amigo!  8)
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
"What would the point be?"

To see if you could do it. I know I can. In fact I think I'm almost always able to refrain.

"Have I done anything recently that was in anyway a violation?  The correct answer is no.  Thank you very much steve."

I haven't discussed "violations". I'm thinking about things that "offend" whether deemed violations or not. Why on earth is it necessary to talk ABOUT other posters?

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 01:13:44 PM »
I can do it if someone doesn't post something that requires and observation such as the post where ctc talked about kicking off violators and he would have been one of them kicked off.

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
I for one am enjoying the new civility on these boards. I was ready to move on but am happy that I decided to wait and see where Ray would go with this. So far I am pleased with his direction.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
I for one am enjoying the new civility on these boards. I was ready to move on but am happy that I decided to wait and see where Ray would go with this. So far I am pleased with his direction.

That is good Jeff.  Unfortunately not all agree with you.  We lost SVV, not sure what he did not like about the new situation.  I thought we were losing leggy too the way he said goodbye.  But I have seen him logged in since so he is still lingering.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
I really don't give a hoot about discussing politics, religion, evolution, court decisions and the law.

It's not the reason I come to this site.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 09:51:02 PM »
"What would the point be?"

To see if you could do it. I know I can. In fact I think I'm almost always able to refrain.

"Have I done anything recently that was in anyway a violation?  The correct answer is no.  Thank you very much steve."

I haven't discussed "violations". I'm thinking about things that "offend" whether deemed violations or not. Why on earth is it necessary to talk ABOUT other posters?

sig bet material??
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton