Poll

Under current lock down circumstances, how do you describe your activity on hereere

No change
14 (63.6%)
I come on here more frequently
1 (4.5%)
I am patient and am certain things will soon return to normal
4 (18.2%)
I see myself coming on here much less often
2 (9.1%)
I'm totally bored and will move to another discussion forum
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 09, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

Author Topic: Current lock down and possible elimination of "general" board  (Read 11746 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Current lock down and possible elimination of "general" board
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
Then why did you say "didn't like about the new situation" if that's not what you meant?

You are not part of this conversation, so I will not let you escalate it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 11:55:00 PM »
I see 3 people as the worst offenders of this board, CTC, Spanky and Ban.

You three are the most biased, hypocritical dipshits to ever grace wrestling boards. You have single-handedly ruined this wrestling board with your constant ignorance and dipshittery for quite some time now. The fact that you refuse to see this, just further proves how useless you all are to the board.

You notice how the board is so much more peaceful with you posting less?

Didn't you overlook someone in this post?
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »
Then why did you say "didn't like about the new situation" if that's not what you meant?

It's a message board.  EVERYBODY is part of this conversation.

And, I agree.  You said you were "not sure what he did not like about the new situation."  That clearly indicates that the reason he left is because of the new situation but you're not sure which part of the situation was the reason.  So, you only indicated you didn't know which part of the situation was his reason, not that you didn't know his reason.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »

It's a message board.  EVERYBODY is part of this conversation.

And, I agree.  You said you were "not sure what he did not like about the new situation."  That clearly indicates that the reason he left is because of the new situation but you're not sure which part of the situation was the reason.  So, you only indicated you didn't know which part of the situation was his reason, not that you didn't know his reason.

Again, I never claimed to have any insight into why SVV dropped his profile.  If I offended anyone who knows more about what SVV is up to.  Sorry about that but you are all reading way more into this and being overly sensitive.  It was no big deal but you would not know that by the way you are reacting.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
What you said is not negative toward SVV or anyone else.  So, no one is overreacting or being overly sensitive.  Simply pointing out what you wrote.  Interesting that multiple people read what you wrote exactly the same way.  It wasn't offensive at all.  It's just you clearly made an assumption that SVV left because of the political board situation and are now, for whatever reason, unable to admit that.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »
I agree there was nothing negative toward SVV or anyone in what I posted.  So I do not understand the reaction.  I made no claim whatsoever as to what drove him to drop his profile but you all somehow mistakenly think I did and must all believe I am lying when you state otherwise, which I assure you I am not.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
If I had made the statement that the current situation on this forum must have been a part of what drove SVV away you guys would be right, but I did not say that.  I had no clue and continue to have no clue why he dropped his profile.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 12:46:27 AM »
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »

This a ad hominem attack post and proves I am winning this argument.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »
You actually have no idea why SVV is not posting at this time.  But keep assuming you know everything, we are used to it.

The bolded text was actually an attack by AKIN but I did not get overly defensive, I just pointed out that nowhere did I claim to know why SVV deleted his profile. It was gone for several days. I note it now reappeared, which I would assume one of the moderators had to help replace. I actually have no idea what happened there and never claimed to. This has been going on since the original announcement, May 9. On May 22 or there abouts SVV’s profile was deleted either by some computer malfunction or intentionally. I figured it may (very key word there) have had something to do with the current situation, but made no positive statement one way or the other that is was definitely involved with the situation. Therefore, I never claimed to “know” anything about SVV’s purpose in having his profile removed.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
I'd rather listen to two teenage girls fight about who Dreamy Johnny likes than some of these responses .... or stab my own eyes out.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
I'd rather listen to two teenage girls fight about who Dreamy Johnny likes than some of these responses .... or stab my own eyes out.

I agree with you Jason.  Some people just have to behave badly.  It is part of their character.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »

I agree with you Jason.  Some people just have to behave badly.  It is part of their character.

:D
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »

:D

Well at least the little boys club agree with each other. I'm sure they would make a great couple.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
I see how the voting has gone; but, don't believe it.  Maybe the several that have stopped posting are not posting (on this thread and voting in this poll).  Stands to reason.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville