Poll

Under current lock down circumstances, how do you describe your activity on hereere

No change
14 (63.6%)
I come on here more frequently
1 (4.5%)
I am patient and am certain things will soon return to normal
4 (18.2%)
I see myself coming on here much less often
2 (9.1%)
I'm totally bored and will move to another discussion forum
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 09, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

Author Topic: Current lock down and possible elimination of "general" board  (Read 11749 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Current lock down and possible elimination of "general" board
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
And why is cheese cloth called cheese cloth, as it is neither cheese nor cloth?

How is it not cloth?

I don't know; I personally don't think that much about it.

My former supervisor would say it often in a joking manner, so I ripped it off from him:  "Cheese cloth:  It's neither cheese nor cloth.  Discuss."

I'd say your former supervisor wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or he was seeing if anyone would say "yeah, it is a cloth"

For one, you don't know his personality (he was a perpetual, deliberate goofball), and second, he was a college dean and an attorney, and is sure as poop a heck of a lot sharper than a lot of folks I know, myself included in that.  Most would kill to have his wits.

Well, his sense of humor sucks if that's what was funny to him because well, it is a cloth.  I'm happy for him being a smart fella, but his cheesecloth observation certainly isn't his best work especially if he used it "often".  I have a kid who cleans my dining room in the morning, he'd find it a perplexing riddle to discuss but anyone who has seen or used a cheesecloth, wouldn't.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

How is it not cloth?

My former supervisor would say it often in a joking manner, so I ripped it off from him:  "Cheese cloth:  It's neither cheese nor cloth.  Discuss."

I'd say your former supervisor wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or he was seeing if anyone would say "yeah, it is a cloth"

For one, you don't know his personality (he was a perpetual, deliberate goofball), and second, he was a college dean and an attorney, and is sure as poop a heck of a lot sharper than a lot of folks I know, myself included in that.  Most would kill to have his wits.

Well, his sense of humor sucks if that's what was funny to him because well, it is a cloth.  I'm happy for him being a smart fella, but his cheesecloth observation certainly isn't his best work especially if he used it "often".  I have a kid who cleans my dining room in the morning, he'd find it a perplexing riddle to discuss but anyone who has seen or used a cheesecloth, wouldn't.

Okey, dokey, it sucks.  After all, you don't know him, while hundreds of others of us who did, and who always found his sense of irony riproaringly funny.  So,of course, you'd be correct and us hundreds who know him would be wrong.

As I said to start this, I personally don't think that much about it, but, please, and, as he says, "knock yourself out."  I really couldn't care any less.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »

How is it not cloth?

Okey, dokey, it sucks.  After all, you don't know him, while hundreds of others of us who did, and who always found his sense of irony riproaringly funny.  So,of course, you'd be correct and us hundreds who know him would be wrong.

As I said to start this, I personally don't think that much about it, but, please, and, as he says, "knock yourself out."  I really couldn't care any less.
it seems you do or you wouldn't be so verbose explaining it
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »