Author Topic: Whatever happened to...  (Read 15701 times)

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Whatever happened to...
« on: September 10, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »
Steve Mocco?  Maybe I've been under a rock, but I haven't seen or heard anything about him in quite a while.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: Whatever happened to...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:49:14 PM »
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 04:05:01 PM »
Was fighting some MMA.  Took a loss back in February, not sure if he's still training or not.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline MNRodent

• Junior High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »
Vanilla Gorilla sighting

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:46:06 PM »
He had been training down at ATT in Florida last I heard, he was helping train my buddy's little brother on the side. I don't think he is at Top Team anymore though
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 02:24:03 PM »
I would love to see TOM make this a weekly or monthly feature.  Some I'd love to know about...
1960s Chuck Jean, Joe James, Gray Simmons, Mike Caruso, Fred Fozzard, Bob Fehr

1970s Greg Johnson, Yoshiro Fujita, Don Rohn, Shorty Hitchcock, Mark Lieberman, Shawn Garel, Ronnie Ray, Mark DiGeralamo, Jimmy Jackson, Frank Santana, Nick Gallo, Pat Neu, Steve Lawinger, Andy Daniels, Kieth Mallory, Keith Stearns, Mike DeAnna, Daryl Burley, Mike Land, Ricky Dellagatta

1980s Noel Loban, Matt Reiss, William Smith, Adam and Dan Cuestas, Perry Hummel, Jeff Kerber, Clint Burke, Kevin Darkus, Greg Elinsky, Gary Albright, Ricky and Rocky Bonomo, Chris Edmonds, John LaViolette, Mike VanArsdale, Mike Giura, Melvin Douglas, Joe Melciorie, Adishir Asgari, Tim Krieger, Peter Yozzo, Cartlton Hasilrig, John Fisher
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
Gary Albright died last year.  He holds the Husker season record for pins with 34.
Tax the churches.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »
I would love to see TOM make this a weekly or monthly feature.  Some I'd love to know about...

1970s Greg Johnson, Yoshiro Fujita, Don Rohn, Shorty Hitchcock, Mark Lieberman, Shawn Garel, Ronnie Ray, Mark DiGeralamo, Jimmy Jackson, Frank Santana, Nick Gallo, Pat Neu, Steve Lawinger, Andy Daniels, Kieth Mallory, Keith Stearns, Mike DeAnna, Daryl Burley, Mike Land, Ricky Dellagatta

1980s Noel Loban, Matt Reiss, William Smith, Adam and Dan Cuestas, Perry Hummel, Jeff Kerber, Clint Burke, Kevin Darkus, Greg Elinsky, Gary Albright, Ricky and Rocky Bonomo, Chris Edmonds, John LaViolette, Mike VanArsdale, Mike Giura, Melvin Douglas, Joe Melciorie, Adishir Asgari, Tim Krieger, Peter Yozzo, Cartlton Hasilrig, John Fisher

As of a couple years ago Chuck Jean is around Albert Lea. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline pipewrench

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
Matt Reiss is still an official in PA DXI.
*Insert clever or inspirational quote here*

Offline hominid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »

Pete Yozzo has been helping coach at the high school level, his son Tommy placed at the CA state tournament last year, and I believe will be wrestling for Virginia this year.

Ardeshir Asgari - He was assistant and then head coach at Cal State Fullerton in the mid 1990s. I heard that after a lawsuit payout following an LA sheriff interaction Ardeshir moved to Nicaragua. He originally defected to the US with Abedi (http://iran-times.com/coach-recalls-his-defection-saga/), a very interesting read.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
Interesting article hominid, thanks.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline hominid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »

I remember Asgari and Abedi walking into the gym at SF State for the California Collegiate Open shortly after they defected from Iran. I wrestled Asgari, it was right after he arrived at Cal State Bakersfield. Despite not speaking much (any?) English, and him being so new to folk style that his coaches were showing him the referees position before our match, he was very slick. I almost beat him on conditioning, the ref ended the match in my favor on successive stalling calls and a dq, but after TJ Kerr protested they found that he deserved one more call. We had to come back after about 35 min and wrestle the last 45 seconds of the match, which he won.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »
Caruso and Lieberman are both worth around $100 million / each.  Caruso through insurance, Lieberman through advertising.  Caruso , a huge supporter or Lehigh wrestling, has had a wonderful life.  Owns race horses , a few planes and is still in great shape.  Attends virtually all Lehigh dual meets.

Burley is an attorney in New Jersey.
We are the storm.

Offline buf87

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »
Jeff Kerber manages/owns his family swine finishing/feed milling company (Kerber Milling) in Emmetsburg, Iowa (his home town)

Tim Kreiger is in Minneapolis and now on the board for Cyclone Wrestling Club and will speak at the Iowa State Kickoff dinner in State Center, Iowa on Saturday.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
I'm here!!

mspart