Do you think JP can beat him again?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Old-N-Slow »

Offline Viratas

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://theopenmat.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
I think it will be close. That is a pretty tough weight IMO..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Viratas »
Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
Cóir - Fírinne
Justice - Truth

"When it’s over, I’ll look up and see what remains. If there are any bridges, I’ll cross them when I get there."

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »
Leen is an interesting story, or really more so his dad. (I hope I have all my facts straight here) He never wrestled but took the job of wrestling coach at Shawnee HS here in OK. After accepting the job he immersed himself in learning wrestling technique by going up to Stillwater to monitor the camps and watch them work out. He became so successful at Shawnee he landed a junior college job which led to a D1 of D2 job.  (I wish my memory about all this was better).

I was very impressed with the kids humility and comments after winning last year; basically saying anyone of probably 8 could have won that weight and that he felt fortunate to win.  

It will be a fun weight to watch again this year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by ViseGrip »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Old-N-Slow

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »
I wonder why his dad took that job?
Toughest weight? I think everyone has a shot. Leen seems to turn it on a bit late in the season. I am a Cornell fan but would love JP to win it all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Old-N-Slow »

Offline nywrestler4life

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »
I'm rooting for JPO to win the whole thing, but wouldn't mind seeing Leen do it.  As for them wrestling again, I say JPO wins, he is very fundamentally sound and a good counter wrestler which means he won't get into positions where Leen is strongest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by nywrestler4life »