Author Topic: Yojiro Uetake  (Read 4996 times)

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Yojiro Uetake
« on: December 01, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
Re: Yojiro Uetake
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 01:36:02 AM »
"I never saw him tested. If someone threatened to extend him, Yo-Jo would shift into a higher gear, would advance to a higher level. It wasn't just that he never lost. There was never any question that he would lose. I never saw him wrestle anybody that had a chance to beat him."

--Myron Roderick
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:50:35 AM »
"I never saw him test anyone. If someone threatened to extend him, Homer would shift into a lower gear, would collapse to a lower level. It wasn't just that he always lost. There was never any question he would lose. I never saw him wrestle anybody that he had a chance to beat.

- Tobus Rex
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »
"I never saw him test anyone. If someone threatened to extend him, Homer would shift into a lower gear, would collapse to a lower level. It wasn't just that he always lost. There was never any question he would lose. I never saw him wrestle anybody that he had a chance to beat.

- Tobus Rex

for a second there I thought you were talking about my College career
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »

- Tobus Rex

Who is Homer?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
That's really cool that he's gone back to his high school to be an assistant coach. Probably the most over qualified assistant high school wrestling coach in the world.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »

- Tobus Rex

Who is Homer?

My best friend in HS. Wrestled HWT for us for 3 years. One of the worst wrestlers ever, haha. I don't think I ever saw him win a match, but he managed to make it to the 2nd period once against another really bad wrestler.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »
Yojiro Uetake was pretty damned awesome. I doubt I could spot him more than 5 points and still win!!

Seriously though Uetake rarely gets mentioned with the "best ever", which is pretty damned odd. 3 time champ, unbeaten and UNCHALLENGED. Damn.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 09:31:21 PM »
He's one of the few non-Smiths to hold an Oklahoma State record (longest win streak). Truly a forgotten legend, was untouchable in college.

His son wrestled for Oklahoma State in the late 80's I believe, he wasn't very good though.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
He's one of the few non-Smiths to hold an Oklahoma State record (longest win streak). Truly a forgotten legend, was untouchable in college.

His son wrestled for Oklahoma State in the late 80's I believe, he wasn't very good though.

Some of us havent forgotten.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 07:53:33 PM »
Not a very impressive physique.
We are the storm.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
I coach High School .. Lotta Fun !!

The smile on his face tells it all !!

I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:22 AM »
Not a very impressive physique.

You are correct... kinda like Dave Schultz

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »

Some of us havent forgotten.

Like that Springsteen song Glory Days - They'll pass you by.....

Just kidding Vise!

mspart