Author Topic: tOSU Vs. Iowa  (Read 21081 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: tOSU Vs. Iowa
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2015, 08:03:01 PM »
So you are extrapolating the 3 point lead would have become a major with old Streebler...not buying it.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2015, 08:03:07 PM »
Why could that Stieber have majored Sorenson when no one else has been able to?

The 5-2 lead would have just been the start. But it's a hypothectical anyway.The reality is that we may not see Hunter Stieber this year. It's painful, but it is what it is.
That is your opinion...and it's wrong ;)
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2015, 08:09:09 PM »
I am absolutely SHOCKED that you guys don't agree with me.

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:09 PM »

Coulda, shoulda, woulda....
I always love the guys that say "Well, if so-and-so didn't have (insert whatever reason here) he would have stomped him."
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2015, 09:00:36 PM »

Coulda, shoulda, woulda....
I always love the guys that say "Well, if so-and-so didn't have (insert whatever reason here) he would have stomped him."

That is actually a rewording the real bone of contention: How much is the current H. Stieber a shadow of the H Stieber we saw last year? No attention to position. Leaving his leg exposed, tactically, as if he were Chris Honeycutt. Are you kidding me?

Folks on here want to love on Sorenson, and that's fine. My position is that this isn't the match to look at to judge his end-of-season's prospects. The guy he beat isn't even top 20.

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2015, 09:34:11 PM »

That is actually a rewording the real bone of contention: How much is the current H. Stieber a shadow of the H Stieber we saw last year? No attention to position. Leaving his leg exposed, tactically, as if he were Chris Honeycutt. Are you kidding me?

Folks on here want to love on Sorenson, and that's fine. My position is that this isn't the match to look at to judge his end-of-season's prospects. The guy he beat isn't even top 20.

Fair enough, but I find it funny you think Sorenson gets Jeva'd by a healthy Strieibaler. Once again, it's a Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »

Fair enough, but I find it funny you think Sorenson gets Jeva'd by a healthy Strieibaler. Once again, it's a Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.

I didn't come up with that thought post-match. I was thinking "maybe major" WHILE watching the first part of the match.Then it went twilight zone.

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2015, 09:58:45 PM »
Sorensen has only lost to his practice room partner in his first official match in his collegiate career, and then a close 3-2 decision to Habat.  Besides Habat, he has wrestled and beat some solid kids like Moreno, Durso (majored him), Mastriani, and now Stieber.  BTN played the replay of the match and Sorensen looked to be the better wrestler even while down in the match - it was just one of those things.  We'll see if Sorensen is going to be in the discussion after his next few matches, where he'll face both Kindig and Tsirtsis.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »
I watched Sorenson live at Midlands two years in a row. I am actually a Grothus supporter. But I am coming around to Sorenson. The kid is tough. He wrestled Habat, a top 4 guy to an absolute standstill. If a guy like Tsirtsis or Habat ain't majoring him then even pre injury Stieber is hard pressed to major him. Now I will agree that Stieber is a shell of previous versions, but calling for a major is bold and downright foolhardy. I think Stieber gets there by Big 10 and Nationals and AAs...conditioning would have made a huge difference in this bur even then it doesn't end in 8

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2015, 10:14:55 PM »
"We'll see if Sorensen is going to be in the discussion after his next few matches, where he'll face both Kindig and Tsirtsis."

I agree.

It went from:
Will he start for Iowa?
to:
He will AA
to
National champ, which I've seen since he beat Hunter (though that is not a prevailing opinion).

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
149 hasn't been stellar since the Metcalf, Palmer, Caldwell, etc. etc. class left, so I wouldn't count him out.  Tsirtsis isn't blowing out any of the top guys, and Kindig is very beatable.  Sorensen already showed he can hang with a top 5 guy like Habat, so I'm hopeful.  I think he realistically ends up at 6th or 7th this year.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:29 PM »
I agree with you. That has to account for something......

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »

I believe he is right. He is not saying it is carved in marble. He's saying he believes it is likely. So do I. You disagree. That's fine. It's hypothetical.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »
streebler didn't even major the 8-4 Beitz. 

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »
streebler didn't even major the 8-4 Beitz.

Yet if you watched both matches, Hunter's stance was back to form (from the twilight zone) against Beitz. That, at least,  was a relief to see.