Author Topic: Brackets ..  (Read 8101 times)

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brackets ..
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
Yeah.  Says I need to create an account.  That's how they get ya.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 09:22:02 AM »
They should offer it to the guy who won his weight at the conference championships but got snubbed...what a message...tough to swallow that winning your weight doesn't get you a bid.

Very true. On the other hand the Big 12 champ that didn't get the invite kinda won by default. Tucker won his first match against Moreno (because Moreno was hobbled), barely, and then wrestled the 4th seed who got into the finals courtesy of a forfeit by Kindig. Sad that he wasn't picked, and I think it shows whoever is on the selection committee are morons. The Big 12 champ, admittedly a weak one, isn't invited but they are inviting 10th place finishers from the Big 10? That's clear bias and favoritism towards the Big 10, and it's been that way for years.

Thats what is a joke...hey dont worry about competing at conference...just take some additional time off and heal up...what...what about the winner at your weight...oh dont worry about him we arent going to give him a spot so dont worry about that.  Bad precedent...lets have some guys have a great regular season and then take conf. week off so they can freshen up a bit.

It does stink, but from the sounds of it all the Big 12 is going to join up with another conference next year.  This situation happened because they got no automatic bids. 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »

Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 03:36:08 PM »

Delgado is hurt, he can't finish singles.  Which means he doesn't win.  He drew Cox and then he wrestles Terao or Peters.  Either way both of them are incredibly capable of beating him right out of the tournament.  I can't believe Terao did not get a seed.  I think Gilman loses to Dance in the Quarters, but on wrestle back side he avenges his most recent losses to Tomasello and then Dance and takes 3rd.  The top 4 here are super close so I am only willing to bet I can guess the guys who finish in top 5, not placement.

Schopp ain't right which is good news for Dardanes as he'll tap dance into the finals.  I think Brewer knocks JDJ into the consolations in the Thursday night matches.  Clark and Hall square off in the Quarters and I'm going with history.  Taylor will not be troubled on bottom half, he goes through Clark something like 6-3 and then gets his butt handed to him by Dardanes.  Clark beats Richards and then beats Brewer.  Hall finishes 5th and Cyclones are on the board.  Not a good weight for Mizzou I feel.  Synon loses Friday morning or in the evening...too many tough guys to go through to AA

Streabler wins.  Does anything else matter?  Dziewa has a decent road to AA if he doesn't lose his mind.  Mayes does as well.  His run ends when Carter drops down from the Semis and Dziewa loses to Geo.  We get to see the Martinez Mayes match up to end all the arguing.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
BTW... I dont know if its just my machine, but your attachments dont pull up.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 06:15:03 PM »
You know, this would all go a lot faster if it were an all out brawl.  Last man standing!  I would be willing to bet Mr. Stieber would not survive!

mspart

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »
It showed up on Chrome on my computer but it doesn't show up on my phone. I will come up with an option C

I am glad people care this much about my picks