Author Topic: Three Team Race next year?  (Read 14257 times)

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Three Team Race next year?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 11:50:54 PM »
Mildly surprised (and pleased) by Heil's showing.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 12:39:48 AM »
Looks like a probably Ohio State repeat next year. Assuming Hunter gets healthy you have to figure he's a top 3 guy. Doesn't replace all of Logan's points, but does replace a good chunk of them. Ohio State will be improved everywhere except 141. I got a feeling the Buckeyes are going to take it next year too.

Oklahoma State....will be very good. Iowa will be good, but I think you are wildly over optimistic Cruo. Just losing Telford is nearly a show stopper for you guys. Can't see the Hawkeyes sneaking in unless they have a very good HWT locked away that I don't know about :D

Penn State will be very very good. It's going to come down to these guys and OSU.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:52:03 AM »
Ok St staff did a great job getting those guys ready. I was really impressed with their B level guys, especially Heil.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »
Ohio State returns the most points followed by Oklahoma State

With Ohio Stae I think Tomasello finished 3rd maybe even 4th next year and Kyle Snyder will have to pick up the slack in those points. That leaves Hunter Stieber in charge of picking up the slack in his brother's points. Courts won't have a tournament like that again but DiJulius should do better.

With Oklahoma State everyone should improve really. Crutchmer and Dieringer will be ranked first going into next year, Heil will be in top 3. They just have to improve a little more than Ohio State did and get Marstellar into the lineup somehow. Maybe a year of maturity will allow Marstellar to successfully make 157 this time.

Penn State has absouletely terrifying potential, and they've won with freshmen before. They only return Retherford and Megaludis as true heavy hitters but I think every guy in their lineup could All-American
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 07:26:54 AM »

Not to take that much away from heil, he had a great tun to the 3/4 bout.  Heil lucked out against Ashnault.  Ashnault tore his hamstring and wouldn't come off the mat despite his coaches wanting to I D.  Ended up M Fing his placement bout.  He was immobilized wrestling off one leg against Heil.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 07:31:18 AM »
Looks like a probably Ohio State repeat next year. Assuming Hunter gets healthy you have to figure he's a top 3 guy. Doesn't replace all of Logan's points, but does replace a good chunk of them. Ohio State will be improved everywhere except 141. I got a feeling the Buckeyes are going to take it next year too.

Oklahoma State....will be very good. Iowa will be good, but I think you are wildly over optimistic Cruo. Just losing Telford is nearly a show stopper for you guys. Can't see the Hawkeyes sneaking in unless they have a very good HWT locked away that I don't know about :D

Penn State will be very very good. It's going to come down to these guys and OSU.

Probably?  It's their's to lose.  With Tomasello, Jordan, and Snyder, tOSU will be looking down on all others for the next three years. 

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
Not recognized is how Courts changed his game from the first half of the season to the second half. NO MORE THIRD PERIOD GASSING! It boggles my mind that nobody could see the third period comebacks, the OT takedowns, and what that meant.

I wouldn't necessarily count on TOSU getting nothing out of 5 weight classes next year.

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »

Not to take that much away from heil, he had a great tun to the 3/4 bout.  Heil lucked out against Ashnault.  Ashnault tore his hamstring and wouldn't come off the mat despite his coaches wanting to I D.  Ended up M Fing his placement bout.  He was immobilized wrestling off one leg against Heil.
I was a fan of Ashnault in high school. Both he and Heil took some big time scalps back then.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
As of right now I see next year's title to be a three team race between Ohio State, Penn State, and Oklahoma State with Iowa and Cornell not far behind

Penn State's lineup next year

125- Nico Megaludis
133- Jordan Conaway/Jimmy Gulibon
141- Jimmy Gulibon/Zain Retherford
149- Zain Retherford/Kade Moss
157- Jason Nolf
165- Garrett Hammond
174- Bo Nickal
184- Matthew McCutcheon
197- Morgan McIntosh
285- Jimmy Lawson

The big question for Penn State is how to sort out the talent at the lower weights, I don't think Nico has a 133 frame but that means Conaway or Gulibon may have to either give up some weight or miss the lineup. The potential in this lineup is terrifying with I'd say about 5-6 potential high AA's and everyone else in the lineup having AA potential.

Lawson is done,  Nevills will be the starter.  Mega may take an Olympic redshirt allowing Conaway to finish his career at 125. 

Take a look at Michigan:

125) Youtsey (rjr) AA 6th
133) Bruno (sr) AA 8th
141) Fisher (rso)
149) Pantaleo (so)
157) Murphy (jr) AA 7th
165) & 174) some combo of Sutton (so), L Massa (fr), T Massa (rjr), Mahomes (so)
184) Abounader (jr)
197)
hvy) Coon (jr) AA 2nd
Tax the churches.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
@babyflo_nico: I learned a lot this year!And so grateful for my team and how they performed! But man it feels good to be Redshirt Free today! #March19-2016

Sounds to me like nico plans on wrestling next season
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »

I already explained where I see the points coming from.  Sam Stoll is actually Telford's replacement.  He ended his high school career with something like 70 straight pins.  He'll be lucky to produce half of what Telford did.  Meyer, Paddock, and Grothus should all score more than the seniors they are replacing, and Gross/Carton could break even with Dziewa.  Brooks will score more for sure.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 09:45:12 PM »

I already explained where I see the points coming from.  Sam Stoll is actually Telford's replacement.  He ended his high school career with something like 70 straight pins.  He'll be lucky to produce half of what Telford did.  Meyer, Paddock, and Grothus should all score more than the seniors they are replacing, and Gross/Carton could break even with Dziewa.  Brooks will score more for sure.
Based on the season he had this year, would be surprised to see Paddock at MSG without a ticket.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 09:48:09 PM »

Based on the season he had this year, would be surprised to see Paddock at MSG without a ticket.
He wrestled at 174 when he is a 165 pounder.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 09:52:10 PM »
Dual wise Iowa could win but it would be close. But I don't think Iowa will score higher at the NCAA tournament, they don't have any guaranteed champions and only Clark and Sorenson could make the finals. I think Thomas Gilman is a great wrestler but next year at 125 will put him behind Megaludis, Garrett, and Tomasello and in the same company as Dance, Moisey, Klimara, Youtsey, etc.

Do you realize Gilman is 2 -0 this year against Garrett and they weren't even close?  He is 1 - 1 with Tomasallo.  Gilman has a win over Delgado last year.  You don't have much love for him and don't give him much credit.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »

I'd be surprised if Paddock is on the team next year. Wasn't he one of the guys arrested for burglary?
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow