Author Topic: Three Team Race next year?  (Read 14256 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Three Team Race next year?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 10:01:25 PM »
Dual wise Iowa could win but it would be close. But I don't think Iowa will score higher at the NCAA tournament, they don't have any guaranteed champions and only Clark and Sorenson could make the finals. I think Thomas Gilman is a great wrestler but next year at 125 will put him behind Megaludis, Garrett, and Tomasello and in the same company as Dance, Moisey, Klimara, Youtsey, etc.

Do you realize Gilman is 2 -0 this year against Garrett and they weren't even close?  He is 1 - 1 with Tomasallo.  Gilman has a win over Delgado last year.  You don't have much love for him and don't give him much credit.

Klimara was I think 2-0 against Moisey going into the national tournament.

Results aside, I think Garrett is better than Gilman
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
Dual wise Iowa could win but it would be close. But I don't think Iowa will score higher at the NCAA tournament, they don't have any guaranteed champions and only Clark and Sorenson could make the finals. I think Thomas Gilman is a great wrestler but next year at 125 will put him behind Megaludis, Garrett, and Tomasello and in the same company as Dance, Moisey, Klimara, Youtsey, etc.

Do you realize Gilman is 2 -0 this year against Garrett and they weren't even close?  He is 1 - 1 with Tomasallo.  Gilman has a win over Delgado last year.  You don't have much love for him and don't give him much credit.

Klimara was I think 2-0 against Moisey going into the national tournament.

Results aside, I think Garrett is better than Gilman
"Results aside" - what?  that is where the rubber meets the road.  Where did Garrett finish this year?  Is he your cousin?  Gilman won both matches against him easily, not even close.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »
Looks like a probably Ohio State repeat next year. Assuming Hunter gets healthy you have to figure he's a top 3 guy. Doesn't replace all of Logan's points, but does replace a good chunk of them. Ohio State will be improved everywhere except 141. I got a feeling the Buckeyes are going to take it next year too.

Oklahoma State....will be very good. Iowa will be good, but I think you are wildly over optimistic Cruo. Just losing Telford is nearly a show stopper for you guys. Can't see the Hawkeyes sneaking in unless they have a very good HWT locked away that I don't know about :D

Penn State will be very very good. It's going to come down to these guys and OSU.

I already explained where I see the points coming from.  Sam Stoll is actually Telford's replacement.  He ended his high school career with something like 70 straight pins.  He'll be lucky to produce half of what Telford did.  Meyer, Paddock, and Grothus should all score more than the seniors they are replacing, and Gross/Carton could break even with Dziewa.  Brooks will score more for sure.

I'd be surprised if Paddock is on the team next year. Wasn't he one of the guys arrested for burglary?
No.

Offline MC2

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:07 AM »
This is a very interesting topic with a lot of what if's:  Look at Minnesota this year, everyone thought they were the team to beat going into the year.  Put in some injuries and underperformance and you have a down year.  So looking forward, I would agree that Ohio State based on last weekends point totals would be favorites, but, they wrestle the entire season for a reason.  Don't put the cart before the horse!!
"It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.”

Offline 1stplace

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 10:57:26 AM »
If Hunter Steiber has a torn ucl (noting confirmed but what I have heard), his wrestling career is likely over. Tomasello, Bojo and Snyder are great but none of those guys are huge title favorites with the talent returning. After watching several of his matches, I also think that Hayes could use a redshirt. I'd say tOSU is a favorite, but there will be worthy challengers

Offline Thunderbird

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »
If Hunter Steiber has a torn ucl (noting confirmed but what I have heard), his wrestling career is likely over. Tomasello, Bojo and Snyder are great but none of those guys are huge title favorites with the talent returning. After watching several of his matches, I also think that Hayes could use a redshirt. I'd say tOSU is a favorite, but there will be worthy challengers

According to the interview Hunter did with Flo at Nationals he will be back in September early October. 

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 02:30:18 PM »
What's the official verdict?  Heard torn ligaments in both elbows, that true?  How does one get that fixed?  You do both at once you'll have a REALLY hard time wiping. 

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
What's the official verdict?  Heard torn ligaments in both elbows, that true?  How does one get that fixed?  You do both at once you'll have a REALLY hard time wiping.
That's where you utilize incoming freshmen.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Elbows took out a Ballweg
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 08:55:14 PM »
This is a very interesting topic with a lot of what if's:  Look at Minnesota this year, everyone thought they were the team to beat going into the year.  Put in some injuries and underperformance and you have a down year.  So looking forward, I would agree that Ohio State based on last weekends point totals would be favorites, but, they wrestle the entire season for a reason.  Don't put the cart before the horse!!

Very true. Remember at the end of the previous season how Edinboro was returning more points than anybody else and some guys said Edinboro would be the favorite? I wonder how many people would've given OSU a real chance to win it all this year with Hunter Stieber hurt? Not many, yet they won pretty easily at Nationals. Never can tell what's going to happen, huh?
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »

That's when you are thankful to have a loving girlfriend or wife :D
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 10:20:18 PM »

That's when you are thankful to have a loving girlfriend or wife :D

Or one of these:

Offline lkwdsteve

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 06:55:46 AM »
Hunter discussed his up coming two surgeries (Tommy John) in a Flo interview. Scheduled 3 weeks apart.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 09:28:11 AM »
Wow, TWO Tommy John surgeries three weeks apart?   Anyone have a link to the interview? 

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
I've realized that I have been using ALL CAPS way too much to make a point lately, my apologies to the community.