Poll

Does ISIS pose a threat to American security in the homeland?

Yes
10 (62.5%)
No
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: ISIS  (Read 9842 times)

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
ISIS
« on: June 01, 2015, 06:38:34 AM »
Feel free to elaborate on your answer.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: ISIS
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »
Define "ISIS"

Are you talking about folks who are currently claiming they are a member IS in the midst of battlefields in Iraq and Syria?

Or are you talking about people in the US who feel "inspired" by daesh while sitting on their computers and then commit a heinous act?

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:09:37 AM »
I thought ISIS was a cartoon character. 

They could very well.  I don't think so right now but could in a few months or more as people come over or are "converted" here.  I believe there is a danger that needs to be looked at for sure.

mspart

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:34 PM »
Define "ISIS"

Are you talking about folks who are currently claiming they are a member IS in the midst of battlefields in Iraq and Syria?

Or are you talking about people in the US who feel "inspired" by daesh while sitting on their computers and then commit a heinous act?
Yes , to the emboldened portion. Those who specifically wish to establish an Islamic caliphate and are recruiting worldwide.

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »
They already have followers here in the USA, particularly Minnesota.  It is a time bomb waiting to explode (and it will).
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:47:27 PM »
They already have followers here in the USA, particularly Minnesota.  It is a time bomb waiting to explode (and it will).

I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:39:37 AM »

Umm didn't they have some followers try to shoot up some people in Texas recently?
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:53:36 AM »

Umm didn't they have some followers try to shoot up some people in Texas recently?

And try to decapitate people in Boston recently?

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »

And try to decapitate people in Boston recently?

mspart

One of the actually DID in okc.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 08:13:12 PM »
So are the only a danger to individuals who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »
Mexican drug cartels behead and mutilate way more people than IS and they're all over the U.S. and they have untold millions of dollars.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 05:06:45 PM »
Mexican drug cartels behead and mutilate way more people than IS and they're all over the U.S. and they have untold millions of dollars.

Source?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »

Source?

Piles of bodies, mutilated corpses, beheadings, intimidation murders of government officials and journalists, mass graves... that's common knowledge. Must I google things for you?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/02/world/americas/mexico-drug-war-fast-facts/
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/world/americas/mexico-violence
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31/mexico-violence-numbers_n_6075258.html
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/02/24/extremely-graphic-mexican-cartel-execution-photos-indicate-shift-in-war-tactics/

Here's a liveleak search for mexican cartel execution, careful what you wish for: http://www.liveleak.com/browse?q=Mexican%20cartel%20execution

Do a google image search for mexican cartel murders...

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
I would say the cartels are still more out of control than ISIS, however, Cartel's usually are predictable and kill those involved with drugs in one way or another. ISIS on the other hand, IMO, are unpredictable and could strike anyone at anytime.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »
Yes, we should be concerned about both.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville