Author Topic: Panel approves drop-down, neutral-position stalling rules in wrestling  (Read 6096 times)

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile

Say what ?????  What the hell??  They have made some interesting new rules over the years / decades ... Yet this one is off the hook.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2015-06-08/panel-approves-drop-down-neutral-position-stalling-rules-wrestling
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Does it happen that often?  In OT I've seen it but not much in regular wrestling. 

mspart

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
Did you watch any NCAA wrestling this year? They implemented this rule on a trial basis and it is now permanent.
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
We'll all look back and know that the sport was forever changed when technicians discovered the deadly tightwaist ankle.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
I look forward to this one and its a bout changer.

" Experimenting with a rule at the National Wrestling Coaches Association All-Star Classic that would award three points for a takedown."

I've always thought the value in the effort for a takedown was weak compared to the ensuing value of the escape.  Next step is 3 points for the reversal.

Risk should earn reward.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
I like it.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Craig

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Wasn't sure by the way it read, but is the 3pt TD effective next season?

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Wasn't sure by the way it read, but is the 3pt TD effective next season?

That's the way I read it.  4 pt near fall as well.  Maybe now we will see guys actually working to turn their opponent instead of riding the hips looking for the riding time point. 

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Here's an idea.  2 points for escape, 4 for TD, 4 NF, 6 for 5 second NF.  Inflate the scoring is good. 

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Did you watch any NCAA wrestling this year? They implemented this rule on a trial basis and it is now permanent.

Unfortunately, I did not watch NCAA wrestling.  Tough to do from home where there is so much else happening.  But I wish I had been able to watch.

mspart

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Here's an idea.  2 points for escape, 4 for TD, 4 NF, 6 for 5 second NF.  Inflate the scoring is good. 

mspart

Wow, the nearfalls are too much there Art, imo. I would like to see takedowns worth 3 points though.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile

mspart

Wow, the nearfalls are too much there Art, imo. I would like to see takedowns worth 3 points though.

I was just doubling everything.  Just being silly really. 

mspart

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
I'd like to see a 1pt nearfall added as well. I like the changes. The drop down to one knee is one of the worst ways to stall.

Now, as long as they never implement that stupid sumo pushout crap, I'll be happy.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
I'd like to see a 1pt nearfall added as well. I like the changes. The drop down to one knee is one of the worst ways to stall.

Now, as long as they never implement that stupid sumo pushout crap, I'll be happy.

Dropping down to one knee in neutral is the worst.  I don't recall seeing it much until Robles (obviously he had no choice) and people seem to mimic it.  It is obvious stalling.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Dropping down to one knee in neutral is the worst.  I don't recall seeing it much until Robles (obviously he had no choice) and people seem to mimic it.  It is obvious stalling.

Seems like that is limited to the little guys.