Poll

What best describes your opinion of the Muslim faith?

No better or worse than any other religion
It troubles me
Allahu Akbar
Islam shall bring the downfall of us all
It's a beautiful faith, has poetry others don't

Author Topic: Islam and You  (Read 10601 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Islam and You
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
Since for better or worse leading candidates of the GOP seem to be speaking a lot on the matter I figured we should take a formal informal poll of TOM's views of Mohammad and the Muslim faithful.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
Re: Islam and You
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 11:45:22 PM »
You omitted my choice.

Its dark side is more potentially harmful to my health than the dark side of Christianity.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 06:07:33 AM »
You omitted my choice.

Its dark side is more potentially harmful to my health than the dark side of Christianity.

"It troubles me"
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »
Happy Eid Haj everyone!

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
Up to four wives:  pretty good selling point, since I don't drink anyway, but not enough to close the deal.  Needs a few more perks and better marketing.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 11:23:20 AM »
Since for better or worse leading candidates of the GOP seem to be speaking a lot on the matter I figured we should take a formal informal poll of TOM's views of Mohammad and the Muslim faithful.
Looks like you are all alone with your vote.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 11:37:37 AM »
Their marketing department needs an overhaul. We only get to hear the bad things about the religion and not much of the good.

My guess is if you go to the Middle East, their media puts a spin on Christianity in very similar ways.
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 11:55:42 AM »
My guess is if you go to the Middle East, their media puts a spin on Christianity in very similar ways.

"I hear that during their Christmas mass the lights go off and well you can already guess what happens if you know what I mean" - An Iraqi Muslim sharing what he had heard concerning Christianity. Obviously I went to the wrong Christmas masses. Ignorance is a universal

@ctc, doesn't make me believe my point any less

@Ray just imagine how much not being allowed to eat pork would improve your blood pressure

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 12:10:09 PM »
@Ray just imagine how much not being allowed to eat pork would improve your blood pressure

Contrariwise:  if God had not intended us to eat pigs, why did He make them so darned tasty?

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »

Contrariwise:  if God had not intended us to eat pigs, why did He make them so darned tasty?

Because God loves seeing us miserable

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
@ctc, doesn't make me believe my point any less
Then, you shall die you infidel dog.   ;D
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:48:50 PM »
Up to four wives:  pretty good selling point, since I don't drink anyway, but not enough to close the deal.  Needs a few more perks and better marketing.

You really want four wives? Personally that sounds like a perpetual headache to me.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 04:46:45 PM »

You really want four wives? Personally that sounds like a perpetual headache to me.

Agreed.

mspart

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »

Yeah no thanks
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 06:16:09 AM »

One's all I can handle, but I'm old now *remembers the Earl Mitchum quote*..........nah....I couldn't have handled more than one when I was young either.
The Seeking For One Thing Will Find Another - Irish Proverb