Author Topic: Your yearly rant about Indiana  (Read 3147 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Your yearly rant about Indiana
« on: March 18, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »
With Russ stuck up in heaven it falls to me to call out Goldman when he screws up

You could argue that it wasn't a takedown, but considering he is your last kid left in the tournament and he has a shot to wrestle in the national finals you use a challenge there EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

My heart broke for Jackson as he looked over and begged his corner to do something. I don't think the call would've been reversed but the fact that the coaches didn't even try to fight for their wrestler just drives me crazy. I know firsthand how soul crushing it is to feel like your coach doesn't have your back when it comes down to the wire.

Part of me wants Jackson to transfer after this.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline southend

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Your yearly rant about Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:43:47 AM »
And the fact that Jackson is one of, if not the nicest and most helpful person on the Indiana roster. I felt the same way after the plea for something from his corner. Hopefully Fred Glass will end the end the misery of that program this year. Start fresh, and with a new arena..

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:03:43 PM »
I'm tired of talking about it. It's depressing.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 08:03:50 PM »
Are you sure he had challenges left?  I don't even remember the details of the end but often the wrestler himself won't know their overall team's challenge situation. 

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 06:25:00 AM »
Are you sure he had challenges left?  I don't even remember the details of the end but often the wrestler himself won't know their overall team's challenge situation.

I had been following the Indiana matches pretty closely and don't remember them using one. It's possible they slipped past me.

I know with Ian Miller's match Kent State was out of challenges so it is within the realm of possibility, I just don't think that was the case
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
My heart broke for Jackson as he looked over and begged his corner to do something.

I hate everything about having a coach control your match. The wrestler should ultimately make the decisions, even if all he actually does is defer to his coach's judgment.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »
My heart broke for Jackson as he looked over and begged his corner to do something.

I hate everything about having a coach control your match. The wrestler should ultimately make the decisions, even if all he actually does is defer to his coach's judgment.

Being involved in the action, the wrestler will not likely realize the activity that drives referee challenges.