Author Topic: WrestleStat Week 3 Rankings  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Grimm

• Junior High
    • View Profile
Re: WrestleStat Week 3 Rankings
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »
First off, big thanks for putting this together.  It's always fun to go over rankings, and I realize it's a tremendous amount of work.  Out of curiosity, though, I see Ryan Christensen at 174 from WI dropped 8 spots despite having a sensational week.  He  went  5 - 0 on the week, giving up zero points, and winning the Wolfpack Open.  What factors caused him to drop?  Thanks.

His ELO rating did go up by about 8 points (from 1520.72 to 1528.14), but his weight classification also changed (he was slated as 184 for a couple weeks, and came back down to 174). If his ranking was at 184, he would be ranked #21, but because of the drop, and a tighter grouping of wrestlers ranked in that range, he actually fell.

I'm looking at a process to alleviate these ranking changes when there's a weight change, but not sure if/when that will occur.
OK. I didn't realize that.  That makes sense. Thanks again for all the work.

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »
Kolodzik vs Ashnault was a great match

I don't know how it looked from the tube, but it sure did look like Ashnault had the TD and put Kolodzik on his back, but the ref only gave him TD points after Kolodzik rolled out.  The ref was really slow calling TDs and back points all day.  He wouldn't even start a back count until he was behind the tilt.  Half the time he failed to start the 5 count when both were on their feet or D was hanging the legs.

I don't know where they dug up that no. 1 ref but it sure did look his first collegiate match.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
If any of the TOM Forum regulars have not made a donation to wrestlestat.com, please don't tell me about it so I won't have to think less of you.

(Buck, don't worry. I won't think less of you even if I find out you haven't donated.)
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l