Author Topic: Locking Hands  (Read 3420 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Locking Hands
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »
JV Regional tournament so it's pretty relaxed and it's two C team refs with an A team ref who was out most of the year and getting back in his groove.

Anyway our kid is in the 3rd place match, at a JV tournament, so it isn't very pretty wrestling. Anyway the kid blatantly locks hands right in front of the refs face, no call.

After the match (and calling the other guy's power half as a full nelson) the ref comes over and explains to us that he saw the locking hands but he "let go before I could blow the whistle" so he decided not to call it. He later missed a blatant escape call so I guess it balanced out
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Locking Hands
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
You can get pretty much anything at the JV level as far as officiating.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
JV Regional tournament so it's pretty relaxed and it's two C team refs with an A team ref who was out most of the year and getting back in his groove.

Anyway our kid is in the 3rd place match, at a JV tournament, so it isn't very pretty wrestling. Anyway the kid blatantly locks hands right in front of the refs face, no call.

After the match (and calling the other guy's power half as a full nelson) the ref comes over and explains to us that he saw the locking hands but he "let go before I could blow the whistle" so he decided not to call it. He later missed a blatant escape call so I guess it balanced out

Is there a question?
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 06:44:57 PM »

Is there a question?

What do I say as a coach in that situation?
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline red viking

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:06:45 PM »

Is there a question?

What do I say as a coach in that situation?

Say whatever you want as long as it's courteous. Technically he should give you a misconduct call if you call him for a conference (even if you are friendly about it) but refs let that go a lot, especially at the JV level.

Just know that you'll probably never get him to change his call.
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." Thomas Paine