Author Topic: Another hypothetical situation to chew on....  (Read 2034 times)

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
Another hypothetical situation to chew on....
« on: February 05, 2019, 02:50:47 PM »
Ultimate Tie Breaker --- Finals

Wrestler A is starting on top
Wrestler B is in referee's position

Action starts, Wrestler A is riding B pretty good for the first 12 seconds. However, by 15 seconds in, B is standing up while A is behind. A couple seconds later, Wrestler A jumps down to an ankle. Wrestler B yanks and yanks for a solid two seconds when he gets his foot free. In jubilation, he runs towards his coaching staff, the same direction he yanked his foot out and jumps on his coaching staff while Wrestler A quietly chases him down and steps out of bounds right behind them with 3 seconds left on the clock when the whistle is finally blown.

A little out there for sure....but, what do we got here?

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Another hypothetical situation to chew on....
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
:12 = 12 seconds of control down
:14 + 2 seconds of control on the feet
:16 + 2 seconds on an ankle - stall count starts,
:16 = Escape, 1 Pint B

then it gets a little fuzzy

:27= A steps out at :03

Are you saying B ran around the mat for :11 seconds then out at :03 ?

If B was running away with his back to A  for :11 before leaving the mat, that warranted a dinger, then leaving they mat not due to action may be worth a second dinger.

:11 is a lot of time to be fleeing your opponent, but there is difference between evasive circling and fleeing with your back to the opponent.

You would have be there to observe it, but waiting until A stepped out to stop action while B was already out, the slow whistle looks like an an error by the ref.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:04:46 PM »
Basically,  in a nut shell.....

In the Ultimate Tie Breaker...

Wrestler A is on Wrestler B  ankle for a couple seconds before he yanks it free. At this moment, Wrestler B thinks the match is over, but he has yet to face his opponent (or time ran out/out of bounds).....as a direct result, he runs to his coaching staff and jumps on them as Wrestler A quietly chases behind him before the whistle is blown.

Disregard my exact timetable because it wasn't to be taken too literally (couple seconds was meant to mean a few seconds )as the time was not the main focus to this example.

I hope this helps.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »
Stalling point to A, and for his sake I hope it wasn't his fourth dinger for 2 points.

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »
I'm going to award the escape as soon as he creates a little separation and stop the match. He doesn't always have to face him, just get a distance away.  That distance is my judgement.  In ultimate tiebreaker, getting separation like that is enough to satisfy me that the offensive wrestler is no longer riding his opponent.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
Correct, i didn't read the mention it was ultimate tie breaker period and presumed it was in a rideout period.

Offline New2TheGameNYRef

• Regional Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 08:30:46 PM »
Little separation....hmm...interesting....we're always told to hold the escape until the opponent can face and defend him/herself. In the event time runs out or an out of bounds situation happens, an escape can be awarded if in your judgment there is a large separation.

Good discussion.

Offline matref0

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 09:50:09 PM »
Typically yes, the opponent should face or be what you think is a considerable distance away.  However, in ultimate tiebreaker, the defensive wrestler has broken free and the offensive wrestler is clearly not riding him any longer.  The ultimate tiebreaker is controlled wrestling and the rules put them in a specific position.  The fact that the defensive wrestler breaks away is enough for me to show the controlled wrestling has ended.  Someone now has to win.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 11:06:13 PM »
I'm going to award the escape as soon as he creates a little separation and stop the match. He doesn't always have to face him, just get a distance away.  That distance is my judgement.  In ultimate tiebreaker, getting separation like that is enough to satisfy me that the offensive wrestler is no longer riding his opponent.

Agreed.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.