Author Topic: Zahid get pinned  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile
Zahid get pinned
« on: February 09, 2019, 09:16:36 AM »
I have to think that must be a first.  Last night in the dual between Missouri and Arizona State # 2 ranked Zahid Valencia was pinned  in 4:15 by # 4 ranked Daniel Lewis of Missouri.

I tried to watch that dual last night on the PAC 12 Network however they did not televise that dual as scheduled and instead showed some lame women's softball game involving Arizona State.  The reason why the PAC 12 Network CHOSE to ignore their own programming schedule is beyond me but that is precisely what they did last night.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: Zahid get pinned
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »
Likely because PAC 12 dies really offer wrestling and AZS was an out of conference dual.

Sure would like to see that one,

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »
The ASU softball game was also an out-of-conference game.  It was Arizona State vs. Western Michigan.   That softball game was scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. MT.   And NCAA softball games usually take about 2 hours to conclude (or less).   So it should have been over no later than about 6:30 yet and yet when I tuned in to watch the wrestling match at 7 p.m. they were still in the 3rd inning of that softball game.  I checked back about 50 minutes later (near 8 p.m.) and they were still in the 4th inning of the softball game (NCAA softball is a 7 inning game).

Offline BigJ

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:02:56 PM »
While on the softball game there was a link going across the bottom of the screen where it gave an Alert and directions to go to Pac-12.com/bonus to watch the match.  It was kind of shaded and hard to read, but it took me to the match starting @ 125, it cut off during the 97 lb. match.  Before that when I was fumbling around looked like they were going to replay the feed @ 4am?  Definitely confusing, glad I lucked out was a great 74 lb. match.

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 03:09:16 PM »
Yes, I saw that alert - I just didn't want to have to turn on my computer again and go look for it.   The sole reason I still have Sling TV in February is because it has the six PAC 12 Channels.   Normally I just have Sling TV for the football season.  But so far I think I've only seen 2 PAC 12 matches on Sling TV (to date).

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/mutigerstyle/status/1094103193057804288

Here is a link to a twitter feed of the pin.  Tight tight tight!!!

mspart

Offline BigJ

• Schoolboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
Dual had a couple of good close gritty matches, along with the 4 pins.  Shields looked tough @ 65.

Offline Bronco

• Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 03:09:51 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/mutigerstyle/status/1094103193057804288

Here is a link to a twitter feed of the pin.  Tight tight tight!!!

mspart

Thanks for passing that along.  I wonder what it looked like.   Looked like the ref called the pin awfully quick there but oh well.   I looked at Zahid Valencia's college career and that was in fact the first time he had even been pinned in college.