Author Topic: Okie State vs Iowa  (Read 416 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Okie State vs Iowa
« on: February 19, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »
OK, here is my prediction and I got lambasted last year for my reasoning on Okie State. 

#2 Okie St vs #3 Iowa

In my opinion and observations over the years, I have seen Okie State underperform quite a bit.  They just don't seem to be ready for the big one.  As a result of this my observation or bias, however you want to think of it, I see Iowa winning and moving to #2. 

I don't have a match by match summary, it is just my gut saying Okie St. will underperform. 

All naysayers are welcome.   OKie St is going down!!!

mspart

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
Re: Okie State vs Iowa
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:32:19 PM »
WrestleStat agrees with you, predicting Iowa to win 19-13. Ok State's best chance for an upset would be for Fix to beat DeSanto, Brock to beat Murin, and Weigel to beat Warner. One of those wins would give a tie, and two would give Ok State the team win, provided the other weights go as predicted.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 12:24:02 PM »
I don't think Fix loses.  But I do still think that OK St underperforms.  There is a thread on themat.com that has it OK St 18 - Iowa 13. 

mspart

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 03:46:21 PM »
Get ready for Desanto to erupt when he gets his butt kixed.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:05:11 PM »
Get ready for Desanto to erupt when he gets his butt kixed.
Duly noted!!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
He's been for unsportsmanlike 3 times already this season and Brands tagged him for a 1 dual suspension.  If Desanto gets tagged again with Okie State, will Brands have the guyoons to withhold him from B1Gs?

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 08:24:40 PM »
He's been for unsportsmanlike 3 times already this season and Brands tagged him for a 1 dual suspension.  If Desanto gets tagged again with Okie State, will Brands have the guyoons to withhold him from B1Gs?

2 times. He didn't get called against Suriano, Brands did for coming out to the middle of the mat. And he had his loss this season. In front of his home crowd against in-state rival Iowa State. Gomez put him on his back twice, and he was nearly stuck one of those times. How did he handle it? He shook his hand and went to the locker room. I know a lot of college wrestling fans would love to see him have another meltdown like against Micic, but it isn't going to happen.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
It sounded like from the article that he felt bad about the outburst.  So I'd say that is making progress. 

mspart

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 12:33:55 PM »
Penn State West will handle them.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 09:18:26 AM »
I can only remember 2 times - Minny and Rutgers duals.  If he gets nailed again today, it will depend on the severity of it.  Brands is working on AD about the problem.  Don't forget that there is an autistic problem too to deal with.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
Minnesota, Rutgers and Nebraska.  It was after the Nebraska showboating he was dinged by Brands for a dual.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
Penn State West will handle them.

mspart's crystal ball failed him, but Buck nailed it. Ok State wins, 27-12.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 05:56:27 PM »
OK, here is my prediction and I got lambasted last year for my reasoning on Okie State. 

#2 Okie St vs #3 Iowa

In my opinion and observations over the years, I have seen Okie State underperform quite a bit.  They just don't seem to be ready for the big one.  As a result of this my observation or bias, however you want to think of it, I see Iowa winning and moving to #2. 

I don't have a match by match summary, it is just my gut saying Okie St. will underperform. 

All naysayers are welcome.   OKie St is going down!!!

mspart

This didn't age well. 😉
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 06:01:27 PM »
That wasn't a 6.0 Richter scale earthquake at 2:12 pm in Payne Co Okla. That was merely a ref's slap of the mat as Picc pins Lee.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell